Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Well, what you may think is crap, someone else may think is great. Let's be real here, people who post on this forum are probably more design inclined than the average joe.

What exactly are they building there right now? I've been seeing lots of activities. Is it the sales centre? I wonder if they are just using the same crew that's working on the L tower right now.

What exactly are they building there right now? I've been seeing lots of activities. Is it the sales centre? I wonder if they are just using the same crew that's working on the L tower right now.

Last time I walked by, last week, they were using the area to build and store framing for the concrete of the L Tower and the offices for the contractor. They are certainly not building "BS" as they have done no excavation and I doubt they would want to put a sales centre there as they will need to start building "BS" pretty soon as the lower floors contain the parking for the L Tower.

Construction has yet to begin on the Backstage site and as of now it is the location of the site office for L Tower. The Backstage Sales Office is currently under construction at the corner of Scott St. and The Esplanade (read our blog post about it here) which is scheduled to open very soon.

Looks like there's some action on the Backstage site -- hoarding is up along the rail tracks and there is a crane there this morning that looks ready to lift an excavator or something onto the site.

img4793.jpg

I didn't realize there were no tracks above the far north end of that tunnel. I'd be all for ripping out the last 20-30 feet of the underpass (anything to shorten the amount of time people have to spend underground to cross the railway tracks)

They've actually started moving the trailers from the lower level of the lot to the west side of the upper level (above Yonge St.).

Shorten the underpass? Hell no! What it needs is destination retail, even a Tim Horton's kiosk! Light it better, add some art.

Location location? Hmm, being next to a train station isn't that appealing to me, but then my parents don't live in Mississauga or Brampton...

#1 amenity is built in locomotive horn alarm clock! good thing the bottom levels of this will be a parking garage - gives the lower level units a bit of a break from being right on the tracks.

Back