Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

backstagen28.jpg

I admire the creativity of fitting this building in on this small site. Doing this kind of thing all along the rail corridor and gardiner will dramatically change our perceptions of those corridors as barriers. I expect that they will be installing triple glazed sound resistant windows here.

ha, as someone who works backstage I'd say it implies power behind the throne, in control, running the show :)
But I do like the sound of One The Esplanade better.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 297128 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Nov 30, 2010

Project: Parking Garage Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct 6 level of below grade parking garage. 5-7 The Esplanade.

I wonder how this project is selling? I think One the Esplanade is probably a better name than Backstage. Backstage implies inferior, timid, boring--which of course this project is.

While the property is still 5 to 7 The Esplanade, it will be no trouble for the developers to have the address changed in time for purcahsers to move in. 1 The Esplanade is a far more prestigious address of course!

The sales office for Backstage is ready to go, and it is wired. No more printed posters: everything is on touch screen now, allowing the developers to change to another project at the flip of a switch. The rendering below can be rotated 360° by just dragging your finger across the screen.

BackstageSalesOfficeRendering.jpg

BackstageSalesOffice1.jpg

BackstageSalesOffice2.jpg

BackstageSalesOffice3.jpg

BackstageSalesOffice4.jpg

BackstageSalesOffice5.jpg

The sales office is located at 22 The Esplanade at Scott, in the base of London on the Esplanade.

ok I never use epic, and maybe its wrong here too, but I have to say that looks...well ok u know. That is a smart efficient sales centre, at least in terms of getting the sales part done.

Those images make me think of a space station in some 1970s science fiction movie.

Back