Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Here's my solution: Build the bus terminal under the Gardiner! Then wrap that area in funky bright colours (aka Umbra knockoff.) Build on and off ramps exclusively for bus use!

Now, that *would* be very Port-Authority-relative-to-the-Lincoln-Tunnelesque...

So, are we gonna jack the Gardiner up a bit to do all of this? Or have a low ceiling section?

One week away from more details.

March 19th - 25 The Esplanade, 5:30 to 8:30 - Information/Open House is anybody going?

One of my vast network of moles informs me that, because there will be no underground parking at Libeskind's kickass-silly Disco Boot, the proposal is to join it either by a bridge or by an underground tunnel to this GO tower so residents can get six floors of parking there. The GO tower will burrow into the berm to the south. The residents of 25 The Esplanade are not happy campers. Meanwhile, there's all that underused low-rise space just across the street between Bay and Yonge where the buses pull in and set off from, just crying out for something to be built on it ...

So am I to assume nobody was able to sneak into lasts nights meeting for the residents at 25 Esplanade? I was kind of hoping to see a rendering this morning and not have to wait until April.

Not much to report on this one photo-wise, but here is a picture from April 5 nonetheless:

2390493711_3db6f276ea_b.jpg

2390497863_a8bdc5e33e_b.jpg

Back