Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Just a reminder.

Public: April 9th - Sony Centre Main Lobby - 6:30 PM - doors/displays, 7:00 - presentation: Councillor McConnell is scheduled to attend.

There's a meeting on May 6th at 10:00 am ( Committee Room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall ) concerning the application to amend the Zoning By-law to permit the below- and above-ground parking at the Go Transit tower for the condo and Sony Centre mentioned previously.

Ok, I'm starting to get a little intrigued.
Has anyone seen a rendering or any sort of concept image of this building yet?

Libeskind's kickass-silly Disco Boot
It's a Go-go boot.
No, no, no, it's a KISS Destroyer Boot.
Proof:
2423147738_ca64b0cbfd.jpg

Old!!!!

Ok fellas! enough already!
The boot thing is really starting to get old..
However, if you really need to get your boot fetish/gag in...there IS the
L-tower thread. Puleeeease. Feel free.
Ooooh! I feel like a moderator. I'm getting that tingly feeling again...:D

heh i didn't go, but i was told very briefly by a coworker this morning that the residents at 35 The Esplanade aren't very happy about this development. Hopefully ProjectEnd got some photos if he ended up going

^ Well, I cannot blame them at all for being unhappy. The view of 35 The Esplanade from across Yonge Street, almost in line with the axis of the building, is one of my favorites in Toronto. That view will be destroyed when the GO Tower is built, as it will likely block most of the existing building from view (from that angle).

Actually, I am surprised that there is not more of an uproar about this. I imagine that this project is staying pretty much under the radar, and few people know about it, or there would be more opposition.

The view of 35 The Esplanade from across Yonge Street, almost in line with the axis of the building, is one of my favorites in Toronto.

Am I the only one who things this building looks a little cheezy?

You're not the only one. I think it's bizarre enough to become a landmark, but I think it'll distract from the handsome flatiron condo on The Esplanade.

The building is unique, of course, but within the realm of Liebeskind's designs, I'd love to see him do something really different. I think his take on Beaux-Arts would be an awesome (and appropriate) addition to the neighbourhood. But whatever.

EDIT: Oh god, I thought we were talking about the Boot. No way, 25 The Esplanade is one of my favourite buildings in the city!

Back