Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

hey projectend -- did you build that from the site plan? i just did a quick sketchup using the site plan from the arch and it looks pretty much identical.. if it's not, i'm very impressed ;)

/\ Site plan, my own notes and doodles and the architect's renderings (presented at the meeting). You should post yours 299!

ProjectEnd for MVP of 2008 ! great work man - youve been bringing us lots of model pics, inside info and now sketches before renders are available... excellent!

No kidding about the flatiron condo being "cheezy". Those renderings make it look like a huge hunk of cheese

Does anyone know how the plans for moving the Dundas Bus station to behind the Dominion Building (just west of Yonge) will affect this GO HQ project? If this bus station project goes ahead (and Metrolinx seem keen on it and hope to decide "in summer 2008") I assume it will have a proper link to PATH from Union Station AND a link through the new GO HQ to the L-Tower / Sony Centre.

It was my understanding that if the bus terminal was to be moved, it would be at 90 Harbour Street (The Toronto Harbour Commission Building). GO Transit and Metrolinx offices are in there now, which would move once the tower is complete, leaving that site vacant.

It was my understanding that if the bus terminal was to be moved, it would be at 90 Harbour Street (The Toronto Harbour Commission Building). GO Transit and Metrolinx offices are in there now, which would move once the tower is complete, leaving that site vacant.
The original idea WAS to move it to 90 Harbour but when they started to look at it in detail they realised it might be better to move it ALL to behind the Federal Building. There is info on this on the Metrolinx website. The consultants are supposed to report soon. See CEO Report at http://www.metrolinx.com/docs/1/Board/Jan08/6._CEO_08-001_CEO_Report_(Jan_25-08).pdf

I'd love to see a new bus terminal behind the Dominion building, coupled with a new federal building that would consolidate all their downtown offices. Right now, they're scattered all over the place.

Everytime I bike by this property I asked myself, how will they fit this building on this site? Nevermind the bus terminal but the site could barely fit my tent.

(who am I kidding, I don't own a tent)

Everytime I bike by this property I asked myself, how will they fit this building on this site?

The GO Building will go further south than the present (tent-sized) tiny parking lot as it will also be where the now unused and removed railway tracks on the north side of Berm used to be - they were removed when the present bus station was built on the site of the former parcel depot.

A pic of that 'tent-sized tiny parking lot'

2649824671_01db0292d1_o.jpg

Back