Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Woah! That's unique looking for this city.

The design certainly is unique, but then it has not yet been through the City processes - has a planning application even been made? - so we can doubtless expect it to end up like an elongated shoe-box in due course.

I had not heard that GO were going (ho-ho) ahead with building a new HQ, have they decided to do so? Metrolinx were to be involved too and the proposed GO building was to be linked into PATH through the (new and improved) bus station and thus Union Station on one side and to the L-Tower on the other.

Looks OK.

Attachments

• The Esplanade, 5-7.jpg
    The Esplanade, 5-7.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 300
Um ... let's ... just for the sake of discussion ... consider the possibility that GO has sold the site to Castlepoint ...

Wow, if that's 5-7 the Esplanade, I really can't wait to see 1-3 the Esplanade! Now, that would be a really small lot.

The lot is probably bigger than it seems. GO liekly owns the siding of three tracks which was closed when the CP building was removed for the current GO bus platforms. They can probably use that space for the building and the bridge already being there would give the building a walkway over to the GO bus platform from the site.

Isn't the current GO Bus platform supposed to be temporary?
It does look temporary but it was not planned to be! Metrolinx are now looking to move the Dundas Street bus station down to the same area and make it into a 2 storey affair. I guess we may hear more after the Metrolinx Board in a week or two.

It does look temporary but it was not planned to be! Metrolinx are now looking to move the Dundas Street bus station down to the same area and make it into a 2 storey affair. I guess we may hear more after the Metrolinx Board in a week or two.
That's the worst idea. If you miss your train and want to take the bus connection, you have to run up to Dundas?

Can't they just build an office tower OVER the current bus platform on Bay? Why not build a large hangar structure with ventilation for exhaust? They could even build a multi-level bus platform in there (picture TLS, which is built over an entire parking garage).

That's the worst idea. If you miss your train and want to take the bus connection, you have to run up to Dundas?

No, the Dundas Station will no longer be there. Greyhound and other buses will use a beefed up terminal where GO currently is. I think there should be some bus bays for TTC buses that may make use of them (ie. Bay and Cherry St buses)

Can't they just build an office tower OVER the current bus platform on Bay? Why not build a large hangar structure with ventilation for exhaust? They could even build a multi-level bus platform in there (picture TLS, which is built over an entire parking garage).

I like this idea, and add a tunnel under Bay into the GO concourse

Actually that's what you have to do NOW, they want to consolidate all inter-city busses near Union Station. The first idea was to use the parking lots on Harbour Street but latest, and in my opinion better, idea is to expand the present GO bus station. One hopes they will make a proper link to Union Station and PATH at the same time.

Back