Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

So when is this project expected to be all finished? Or at least done with all the cladding and exterior details?

On the third floor, facing south (Gerrard), there's now a "Marshalls - coming soon" sign.

Also, the Bed Bath & Beyond signs that were on the second floor facing Yonge are now gone. Not sure we should read anything into that, though - they were doing work in that area recently.

i'm pretty sure this is the most likely client for that space:

ddc71df7.jpg

I hope Yonge stays four lane as narrowing the already-quite-narrow main artery of such a big city seems so lame.

Couldn't disagree more, considering the amount of pedestrian traffic on Yonge, south of Bloor, it is the sidewalks that need widening. Certainly keeping the current width is not working, considering that almost every time I am walking on Yonge, I am forced to walk on the road in areas, just to get past the crowds. Big city needs do not necessarily revolve around the needs of a car.

Couldn't disagree more, considering the amount of pedestrian traffic on Yonge, south of Bloor, it is the sidewalks that need widening. Certainly keeping the current width is not working, considering that almost every time I am walking on Yonge, I am forced to walk on the road in areas, just to get past the crowds. Big city needs do not necessarily revolve around the needs of a car.

I couldn't agree more. Yonge Street has become overcrowded with people and the only solution is to widen sidewalks. Drivers will have to use another street for north/south travel.

+1

Argg I hope not, Bed Bath and Beyond is more interesting. I wouldn't think they'd pull out at this point !

Bed Bath and Beyond is more interesting?!? Really? Seriously?? When you've lived in Orlando for as long as I have, believe me Bed Bath and Beyond is ANYTHING BUT interesting. Thank your lucky stars the streets of Toronto aren't littered with BB&Bs, TJ Maxxs and Marshall's.

Bed Bath and Beyond is more interesting?!? Really? Seriously?? When you've lived in Orlando for as long as I have, believe me Bed Bath and Beyond is ANYTHING BUT interesting. Thank your lucky stars the streets of Toronto aren't littered with BB&Bs, TJ Maxxs and Marshall's.

It was in relative terms ;) Yes I think Bed Bath and Beyond is more interesting then marshalls. If I had to chose between the two that is.

Hallelujah !!!! I couldn't disagree more. I don't see this love affair with big box American chains.
I spent 5 weeks in Florida too. Trust me!!! The last thing I wanna see is a bb&b or a tj max.

Hallelujah !!!! I couldn't disagree more. I don't see this love affair with big box American chains.
I spent 5 weeks in Florida too. Trust me!!! The last thing I wanna see is a bb&b or a tj max.

Why not add a Payless, DFW and Pier 1 while you're at it...sheesh. Canadians...

Home Outfitters is practically a carbon copy of Bed Bath and Beyond, whose arrival will bring absolutely nothing new. But I won't have to go all the way to the Eaton Centre to get a spatula.

Too much of anything is bad. The odd big box store downtown could be a good thing, as long as the city centre doesn't get over-run with them. I'm all for leaving 2 lanes of traffic in each direction on Yonge St. too. Sidewalks busy with people is part & parcel of an exciting city.

Last edited:

Back