Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

^ Interesting new realignment of Yonge street shown above. They are permanently removing a portion of the right hand lane just before Gerard. I wonder why? Is this in preparation for making Yonge street two lanes south of Gerard? Something I wouldn't mind.

On the third floor, facing south (Gerrard), there's now a "Marshalls - coming soon" sign.

Also, the Bed Bath & Beyond signs that were on the second floor facing Yonge are now gone. Not sure we should read anything into that, though - they were doing work in that area recently.

^ Interesting new realignment of Yonge street shown above. They are permanently removing a portion of the right hand lane just before Gerard. I wonder why? Is this in preparation for making Yonge street two lanes south of Gerard? Something I wouldn't mind.

Also think about the additional foot traffic caused by the completion of 10 Dundas East.

It will likely happen here as well.

My guess is that they want to reduce the width of the Yonge street crossing to make it easier for pedestrians. Hopefully they will plant some nice green along that stretch.

What I do find a bit odd is how much higher the current sidewalk is the the original roadway. I have no idea how they'll bridge that.

AoD

I still see four lanes there, the northbound car is in the inside lane. I don't think they would jump the gun like that and just remove a lane when constructing a highrise. I hope Yonge stays four lane as narrowing the already-quite-narrow main artery of such a big city seems so lame.

On the third floor, facing south (Gerrard), there's now a "Marshalls - coming soon" sign.

Also, the Bed Bath & Beyond signs that were on the second floor facing Yonge are now gone. Not sure we should read anything into that, though - they were doing work in that area recently.

Argg I hope not, Bed Bath and Beyond is more interesting. I wouldn't think they'd pull out at this point !

Oh and please please please redo the darn sidewalks !

? Explain please.

This "cool" fact applies to half the buildings in the GTA ...

He's just saying at the current height (i.e. not the final height rather what it is right now) it would be taller then anything in the Atlantic provinces.

Back