Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

It's just a shame that they used silver window frames instead of a dark colour that would blend them in better (See: The MET, 21-25 Carlton Street), because the curtain wall is going to look great (from what I can see of it so far) and dark and dramatic and it's going to make those silver window frames look even worse by contrast.

It's just a shame that they used silver window frames instead of a dark colour that would blend them in better (See: The MET, 21-25 Carlton Street), because the curtain wall is going to look great (from what I can see of it so far) and dark and dramatic and it's going to make those silver window frames look even worse by contrast.

Basically I agree with you, the darker and more dramatic, the better, at this intersection. That would be better than the silver. But all things considered, this is good stuff and it's going to have an excellent Yonge presence. I just wish there were some way to work in a permanent red canopy .. oh there I go repeating myself. I'll shed a tear when they remove the temporary one.

no way... the upper portion of the tower will look great because it contrasts with the lower portion. I for one love the silver window frames ! To me they give the building a light and animated feel rather than heavy and over bearing that a monochromatic tratment would have.

re: the canopy - ya, it sure is going to look like its had a haircut when they take that off! you'd think the shade would benefit pedestrian traffic and cooling costs in this kind of weather too...

Hope I do this right...

2096497100080057173YhlpUQ_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You can see Aura in the middle of the pic (go full-screen), look directly up from Maple Leaf Gardens.

White Crane Removal?

View from my balcony this morning, I noticed the white crane at Aura was being disassembled.

aura01.jpg

I think it was largely for the base... they are done with lifting all the mechanical and cladding to the base, so it is no longer needed.

though it does seem odd that they will be building such a huge tower with only 1 crane..

Steveve's pics are great but part of that is because he is doing something with the shadows and highlights to get nicely balanced exposures. Not sure if that is in camera or post processing but ya... very eye catching.

yup, the camera takes the sharpness, but the rest is touched up in iPhoto,

the strip of glass on the south side looks AMAZING! gives a great sense of what the curved portion will look like when clad.

Oh wow. So there will be an overhang to protect from the elements by the looks of it. Nothing like the red monster above, but an overhang none the less! Ta-da ta-ta-taa, I'm lovin' it!

Floors 5-26th have 8 foot ceiling heights. For some reason it looks like the 27th floor increases to 10 feet (perhaps to accommodate mechanical??). Purchasers on this level have lucked out. :)

The 28th-73rd floors are meant to be 9 foot, 74th-77th 10 foot, and the 78th floor penthouse push's to a lofty 12 foot ceiling height.

I have to say; from the above photos, this building exceeds my already high expectations! :cool:

Back