Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

There is a unit for sale in the neighbouring Liberties condo with a terrace that overlooks the west side of Aura. The virtual tour gives a pretty good view of the dominance on the skyline in that area: http://imaginahome.com/view_house.aspx?house=920843920&view=virtualtour

(i'm not a realtor or trying to sell anything, just think the pictures of the view are worth sharing and I'm too lazy to cut and paste screen caps).

Too much of anything is bad. The odd big box store downtown could be a good thing, as long as the city centre doesn't get over-run with them. I'm all for leaving 2 lanes of traffic in each direction on Yonge St. too. Sidewalks busy with people is part & parcel of an exciting city.

I love large department type stores, I just wish they were local independent stores and not huge, international chain stores. I'd like for Toronto to have its own unique shopping scene and not be dominated by huge corporations. Toronto does seem to have more small, independent stores than most other cities. A few large retailers downtown hopefully wont hurt the independent vibe.

...I'm too lazy to cut and paste screen caps.

Done

jdvgM.jpg

Yonge Street, which sits above a subway line and parallel to faster streets for driving, would be vastly improved with wider sidewalks.

Too much of anything is bad. The odd big box store downtown could be a good thing, as long as the city centre doesn't get over-run with them. I'm all for leaving 2 lanes of traffic in each direction on Yonge St. too. Sidewalks busy with people is part & parcel of an exciting city.
So are streets busy with cars...

Narrow sidewalks aren't what comes to mind when I think of exciting cities.

When have you seen a big city with 6ft wide sidewalks? I think they should reduce it to 3 lanes anyway. One parking, one for northbound travel, and one for southbound travel.

European cities maybe, not Western Hemisphere ones.

Toronto does have narrow streets and sidewalks for its size, a legacy of it historically being a much smaller city as well as the historical pattern Ontario of building narrow main streets in towns and cities in general compared to say, US ones. Compare Woodward Ave. in Detroit for example.

That being said, ultimately they will have to widen the sidewalks on Yonge due to all the new condos and the pedestrian traffic they'll generate.

Last edited:

Back