Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

A general question.

At one time, there was a post on this thread that there will be a 3 meter slab before construction proceeds further from the podium.

From various pictures posted on the thread, I can not see this slab. Is it somewhere towards the back?

since the tower is set back, you can't see the 3 meter (i think it was 2.5?) thick slab, as perspective ruins it. if you were to get on the 5-7th floor of the delta Chelsea, you would see it.

As noted by innsertnamehere you can't see if from street level photos because it doesn't go to the edge of the podium. The transfer slab is just for the tower which is recessed from the street.

just tweeted by @rizdhanji...

"Great News! Canderel signs US retailer Marshalls to the 3rd floor retail at Aura. This means 2 large US based retailers are in the building."

Wow, one location here and @ John and Queen.

I'd much prefer target though !

I'd love a Target, too, but I think Canderel is trying to go slightly higher end.

Having a Marshalls in Aura is going to mean stiff competition for the Winners in College Park. That might also help to bring a lot more interest to retail on the block.

I'd love a Target, too, but I think Canderel is trying to go slightly higher end.

Having a Marshalls in Aura is going to mean stiff competition for the Winners in College Park. That might also help to bring a lot more interest to retail on the block.

Wait, I said target because i always thought target was higher end then Marshalls no ?

I checked out the Marshalls around Eglinton and Laird and it's really no different then Winners.

^ you are right Marshalls is definitely not more "higher-end" than Target. In fact Marshalls is quite dumpy IMO. I would rather have a TJmax than a Marshalls, but of the three Target would be best but I think it would be to much competition for BBandB.

There is a certain cheap-chic coolness to Target too which would seem to make it appropriate, rather than Marshalls.

There is a certain cheap-chic coolness to Target too which would seem to make it appropriate, rather than Marshalls.

Its nice to see "Downtown Yonge" retail consist of more than just the Eaton Centre.

Would be cool if Apple opened up a second location in the north end of the strip... could see them doing something interesting in College Park

Its nice to see "Downtown Yonge" retail consist of more than just the Eaton Centre.

Would be cool if Apple opened up a second location in the north end of the strip... could see them doing something interesting in College Park

My hope is that they set up shop in the base of One Bloor. It would be a fantastic location for them and would be the icing on the cake when it comes to retail on Bloor.

Why does it seem that there is always some one who will suggest an Apple store in the retail of a new condo at some point on these threads? Does everyone here really love it that much? lol

Oh and it looks like they're picking up the pace. The construction cam shows them starting forming for the 3rd floor of residences.

Why does it seem that there is always some one who will suggest an Apple store in the retail of a new condo at some point on these threads? Does everyone here really love it that much?

Yes. Yes we do.

More seriously, Apple retail makes more per square foot than any other major retailer. They are a highly desirable tenant.

My hope is that they set up shop in the base of One Bloor.
When the Bazis version was in the works there was a rumour that Apple would be putting in a flagship store at that location. I don't know, however, if that was more than just wishful thinking, but I agree that One Bloor would be an excellent location for a such a store. It would make far more sense than Aura, which is too close to the Eaton Centre store (One Bloor is also at the end of the high-end Bloor strip, whereas Aura is pretty isolated retail-wise).

Given that Winners and Marshalls are owned by the same parent (TJX - which also owns TJ Maxx), I'm not sure what kind of "stiff competition" they will bring. It's sort of like a Best Buy and a Future Shop beside each other!

That said, while I'm no fan of Winners/Marshalls personally, it will definitely bring in a lot of additional foot traffic, which should be good for the complex overall.

Back