Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

If anyone was wondering where the Aura cam is located you can see it here pointing downward on the south east corner of ROCP1;

6305730427_dffb9351e2_b.jpg

If anyone was wondering where the Aura cam is located you can see it here pointing downward on the south east corner of ROCP1;

haha! sweet.. i think before it was located on the roof of that glass government building at College Park.. i could be wrong on that,

I still think ROCP has one of the best locations in the city. better than Aura, better than l tower, better than the Ritz imo,
can't beat Bay and College, unofficial center of the city!

They were removing the 3rd crane to the west as I was passing by at 4:30. There was a section on the truck with 2 more trucks waiting to be loaded.

The glass is so, so.

Will post photos once I clean them up and uploaded to the site.

They were removing the 3rd crane to the west as I was passing by at 4:30. There was a section on the truck with 2 more trucks waiting to be loaded.

The glass is so, so.

Will post photos once I clean them up and uploaded to the site.

I had a closer look at the glass today, it's a bit too early too tell as it's not clear exactly how much glass there will be. Clearly they didn't decide to go the frame less route like you see in office buildings and a couple residential buildings as well I suppose.

Honestly for whatever reason I didn't have high expectations coming into this one and I'm already impressed; Now that I've raised my expectations though we'll have to see a lot more to get a better idea, there's still only a couple sections of glass (namely on the north east end).

This building is monumental: cruzin4u's pics only begin to capture how epically LARGE this building is. The scale of the buildings around the green sward is almost claustrophobic. This new vista will take some getting used to, similar to my experience as a flatlander Ontarian visiting the Rockies.

Any idea about the new release of three floors at Aura? floors 36, 37 and 38 with approximately $725 per square feet. Did the builder add 3 more floors?

Where did you get this news?

A few months ago, there were posts on this thread that Canderel had asked for minor variance to add 3 additional floors. Nothing has been heard since then about this application.

An addtion to an earlier comment.

If one were to add cost of parking (if available) and storage unit, then, the price were psf will be even higher.

In March 2008, depending upon the floor, units were going for $ 500-550 psf without parking and storage. A very sharp increase in prices since then.

Where did you get this news?

A few months ago, there were posts on this thread that Canderel had asked for minor variance to add 3 additional floors. Nothing has been heard since then about this application.

Maybe they just chose to hold these floors from the public until now, and then sell at an astronomical price. Now sure if they got permission to add more physical floors to the building

Any idea about the new release of three floors at Aura? floors 36, 37 and 38 with approximately $725 per square feet. Did the builder add 3 more floors?

You might be the first to report this. Where did you hear?

I'd assume these are the three additional floors talked about earlier.

Very interesting...

Where did you hear about it? Canderel says it's not true.

This is my original post for the extra 3 floors. The app. is no longer listed on the City of Toronto website.

Well there you go - did anybody expect this at this late stage.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 228208 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 27, 2011

Project: Multiple-Use Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 sty's on top of approved 75 sty condo (with commercial at grade). Additonal 48 residential units. AURA AT COLLEGE PARK. 382-388 Yonge St. See active permits under 382 Yoneg St and 388 Yonge St.

A general question.

At one time, there was a post on this thread that there will be a 3 meter slab before construction proceeds further from the podium.

From various pictures posted on the thread, I can not see this slab. Is it somewhere towards the back?

Back