Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegeta_skyline

Member Bio
Reaction score
As the title says, what's your favorite u/c highrise project in the city today?

This is not a list of my personal 9 favorite u/c buildings so please don't jump on me if I failed to include your favorite building. Since poll's on UT only allow for 10 choices I've had to limit the selection to the more prominent, well known or universally acclaimed projects.

Trump for example may be a controversial choice, but there are a fair number of people who like it so they deserve a vote just as much as the rest of us do. Likewise I know the TCHC: Block 32 is a very debatable choice, but so far there's been nothing but positive reviews for the building which is why I included it. Of course I could have substituted it for say X2, Market Wharf, Southcore, the Sick Kids Hospital Research Building or 300 Front which brings me to;

If you feel that some other(highrise) project that I've omitted is superior to any of those listed, than select 'other' and note which project it is that you favor.

Only projects which are actively under construction(that includes excavation) are to be considered. Which is why there's no Picasso, Monde, 154 Front, etc.

Ultimately my reasoning for this poll is to get a real feel for which current project(s) is/are favored by a majority of forum members.

Last edited:
Probably should have left it at 9 options.
TCHC: Block 32, while being perhaps the best addition to the western waterfront, is probably not in the same league as the others.

However I'm glad I did include Trump.
It just goes to show that even on an anonymous poll not a single person(so far at least) holds it in the same regard as the other highly prominent developments in the city.

Probably should have left it at 9 options.
TCHC: Block 32, while being perhaps the best addition to the western waterfront, is probably not in the same league as the others.

However I'm glad I did include Trump.
It just goes to show that even on an anonymous poll not a single person(so far at least) holds it in the same regard as the other highly prominent developments in the city.

My vote would've went to Trump had this same poll been taken a few years back. However, the building is already topped off, and very little interest remains in it, because this is a CONSTRUCTION forum. Yes, you did technically ask for our favourite U/C building, but I have a feeling that this may affect the poll regardless.

That's quite possible, there might indeed be some bias towards buildings that are in the 'more exciting' stages of construction vs one that is topped off and nearly completed.

On the other hand, with regards to Trump, I think expectations were fairly high for it and now that its completed a good number of those that originally regarded it highly have been left disappointed by the final product.

Voted 'Other'. Why? Pier 27, without a doubt. I mean it's by aA, who are obviously better than every other architect in the world.

Serious answer: I love Pier 27, though my selection is based largely on the entire project, which is technically not under construction yet (specifically the intensely cantilevered phase to be built along QQ). Hopefully this doesn't void my opinion.

Certainly it does not void your opinion/vote. My instructions can be seen simply as guidelines, I take no issue with people voting as they see fit. And thank you for noting the building that you chose in the 'other' category.

YES! I voted for Trump, but in all reality, I have to pick Aura... Trump is losing steam because it is nearly complete, whereas Aura is only getting starting, building anticipation.
I wish i could rank them,

1. Aura
2. One Bloor
3. l tower
4. ICE

Shangri-la and Trump won't be on my list, since they're almost done,

Thank you both for noting your 'other' choices.

Of the 6 votes under 'other' we have;
1 for Pier 27
1 for Sick Kids on Bay
1 for Charlie
and 3 votes for unknown buildings

I have voted for ICE.

Aura, to be frank, is scaring me. I like it overall, but whenever I stumble upon the rendering, when walking north on Yonge, the proportioning makes me shake my head. It's wide, and I am fearing the "incredible hulk" effect. I do like the height, and I promise not to cast a verdict on Aura until it's finished, or nearly finished.

Back