Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The height of the building should be to the roof level only.

Towers and spire are not really part of the building since they usually sit in the middle, with most towers being used for communication only.

The spire are add on to add some architectural looks to the building.

It would be nice to see the day that FCP is in 2nd or 3rd place, since it almost 40 year old and time for new height in this city.

Yea man ^^ and if the spire's getting consideration I think the little crane looking thing on top the scotia plaza deserves some points too lmao either way I think the scotia plaza takes the win if you ask me...

cranething.jpg

That's a pretty large floorplate for a floor a week, no?
It usually takes a little longer to get the first few floors done, then they start flying up.

It usually takes a little longer to get the first few floors done, then they start flying up.

yeah, even though these are considered tower floors, it has that boot thing at the front, so it's still larger than normal... i'd say a floor every 2 weeks, but things are moving slowly because this was the transfer level,

and i just realized that Canada doesn't have a building above 80 floors, though if many of these buildings were residential (like FCP), they'd be above 80 floors,.. we came close though with the old 1 bloor...

and ya, FCP has managed to hold it's title for a long time now

I think it'll be quite some time before we see any office tower taller than FCP built. The trend seems to be <40 storeys right now.

If this condo boom continues we might see a new tallest eventually, but I'd prefer if the tallest building in the country wasn't a condo.

Yeah, we will really see this rise from now on..rumour has it, a floor a week.

My understanding was ~ One Floor every 10 days.
Either way, it's going to make an impact very soon!

I think it'll be quite some time before we see any office tower taller than FCP built. The trend seems to be <40 storeys right now.

If this condo boom continues we might see a new tallest eventually, but I'd prefer if the tallest building in the country wasn't a condo.

i wouldn't mind something mixed use... i don't exactly see something huge (super tall) being an office tower at this time,

I say we'll see a super tall within 10 years,

A few words of gossip to spread around.

My R/E agent had called.

Earlier in the evening, he had received a call from Sales office of AURA.

1st residential floor(5th) is now complete. He was invited to a get together --to pick up 2nd installment of his commission cheque and also to learn about the planned future deveopments.

6th to 30th floors will be completed by August 1, 2012 and 31st to 44th floors will be completed by December 31, 2012. Balance of the floors will be completed in 2013.
Plans are to deliver 2 apartments per week to the purchasers.

Quite a few sub-penthouse units -- price tag around $ 2 millions -- are still up for sale.

whatdya mean by "completed?".. poured?.. i was kinda hoping we'd be at level 50 by the end of next year... oh well,.. and what does it mean by "balance" of the floors?..

is completion of this one 2013 or 2014?

whatdya mean by "completed?".. poured?.. i was kinda hoping we'd be at level 50 by the end of next year... oh well,.. and what does it mean by "balance" of the floors?..

is completion of this one 2013 or 2014?

I have just passed on the 'gossip' as I heard -- completely undiluted. It is now for you to decide what it means -- completed or poured.

Balance means floors 45 to 75. Only 30 floors. They will be completed in 2013.

Number 50 is not too far from 44. If you really wish to see construction reach floor 50 by December 2012, then, perhaps, you might wish to go the sales office and whip their 'a..'

Will this be a Toronto first to have floors occupied while a building is still under construction? I can't even think of an example where an existing tower had an extension put on while the floors below were in use.

Back