Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Androiduk, thanks for the pictures and the latest info. Whenever you are in the area, perhaps, you might wish to confirm podium completion date. Is it end of 2012 or 2011? In a flyer sent to the homeowners earlier, Canderel had stated podium completion date of October 2011.

Your pictures and updates are much appreciated.

The foreman definitely said 2012 but that doesn't really make sense does it. They're doing a floor a month and there's only 5 floors in the podium and I think they're working on the 3rd floor right now. Maybe he just misspoke.

I could see the podium poured by the October 2011, but then it has to be clad, weather sealed, all of the mechanical servicing for the podium has to be hooked up, elevators, then all of the tenant work, and that's while they're forming up the tower above. And then they need the city and fire department to issue permits. If they had it all poured this October then Christmas 2012 might actually be a reasonable date for occupancy.

auram11a.jpg

Love this pic! and yes, this is DEFINITELY the new face of yonge street!, not even 3 floors up and this thing is already making a huge impact from street level!, and then when this thing is clad in glass, they'll be nothing like it in the area! (this area, along yonge, has no glass towers/buildings/lowrises of any sort)​

The less glamorous side of Aura, from college park looking S/E

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

...less glamorous...only for now :). can't wait to see the tower's impact on the square as it starts to rise.

I snapped a couple shots of the podium this afternoon. Are those post-tensioning cables we see there?

5712233704_6fea4db2b8_z.jpg

5711676201_8fc5d32402_z.jpg

5711674381_1118117a40_z.jpg

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

my goodness. this tower will be amazing to watch/amazing in general from college park, even with its size alone! going to be such a huge building and really change the overall feel of college park, the parking lot was such a tragic end to college park.!

I hope those vertical lines on the top of the tower, are going to be LED lights and not just rendering tricks. With the kind of deception we commonly see in Toronto, you can never be sure. Does anybody know for sure if it's lighting?

Back