Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The impact of Aura on Yonge St.looking north will be huge. Probably just as much as when that CIBC building went up.

aurayonge.jpg

April 03, 2011
5588216966_e7edd0c0cd_b.jpg

5588207746_5f2b13631a_b.jpg

The rest of the photos
[video=youtube;yX0rsBvaP6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0rsBvaP6U[/video]

The impact of Aura on Yonge St.looking north will be huge. Probably just as much as when that CIBC building went up.

aurayonge.jpg

aura will be a monster (even the podium!), this view will really change over the next few years, though they might not be visible, Five and the grenville proposal will start adding some height on yonge street (south of bloor, north of college).
there is so much potential here for a BRAND NEW street in the next decade. i believe there will be many more high-rises lining yonge street leading up to bloor. just imagine a whole new streetwall. eventually the CIBC days will be over. bring it!

They poured the northeast corner of the second floor today, and they've already stood four tall steel columns for the second floor along Yonge

Awesome and much needed update caltrane ^^^
i've been watching the aura cam (which for some reason is not updating during the long weekend), but it's hard to tell the floor count from up there,
looks like the 2nd floor is done (for the most part) throughout the east bathtub, and i guess no one's working this weekend

As mentioned earlier, I think this is still the first floor and the double-level formwork needed to pour the second floor. The first floor will certainly be substantially taller than what that form implies. As well, you can't see any concrete on that middle level of formwork that would be the "floor" of the second floor.

Yes, Steveve looks like you were right in our battle from a couple of days ago about which floor this project was on.

lol!
Okay, so this floor took about a month to finish from when it first hit ground level, (well, to be more precise almost 40 days), and since there are 4 retail podium levels, it should be at least another 4-5 months before we see any sorta tower action, and cladding is a long ways away.... hopefully we'll see a bit of cladding by the end of the year!

*The Aura webcam is still showing the same image as 3-4 days ago! what's up!?!? (been putting together a timelapse) :mad:

Thanks for the latest picture, androiduk. Somewhere along the way, there is supposed to be an entrance for the public parking as well. Pehaps, it is the same ramp for both residents and public parking-- just like RoCP1.

Back