Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

from today
20101211101.jpg

20101211106.jpg

20101211107.jpg

20101211109.jpg

20101211110.jpg

20101211115.jpg

Wow, those cotter pins look awfully thin for the immense loads this crane will be lifting. But then, I suppose that they don't need to be that big, they merely need to keep the bigger pin they are attached to from falling out.

But I would still avoid standing directly under their loads.

Cotter pins just prevent the sliding of the metal bolts that look much thicker...I wouldn't worry, I am sure they build these things to specifications.

That's the first picture where I've seen where there is almost no workers on this site. I wonder why.

looks like it was taken about 4pm saturday, most of the works have left for the day. They were pouring that floor today. I guess they are trying to make up for lost time from over the past week.

looks like it was taken about 4pm saturday, most of the works have left for the day. They were pouring that floor today. I guess they are trying to make up for lost time from over the past week.

An individual was working there on late Friday evening as well, all by himself, polishing the floor. Can anyone tell me as to why the floor needs to e polished?

An individual was working there on late Friday evening as well, all by himself, polishing the floor. Can anyone tell me as to why the floor needs to e polished?

He's not polishing the floor, he's trowelling it. It gives a smooth finish to the concrete. It has to be done about three times as the concrete cures.

Do they plan on keeping all 3 cranes for the entire project, or are they only using the white one for the first few floors, and then going with the two orange ones for the remainder of the project? It would seem kind of cluttered with 3 cranes going at once.

Back