Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Are you suggesting that retail will be operating while construction is ongoing?

Yes, once the construction goes up to the high floors -- and I don't know as to what that level will be.

Retail units, at P1 level, are all condo units. So the sooner the units are turned over to the owners, the sooner the developer will get its money.

To see, eye pleasing, 15 second promo video of retail at P1 level, please go to www.retailataura.com

Click on "floor plan' on the top left hand side to see the outlay of shops/stores proposed.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to compare the Aura and 1BE podiums from an architecural and commercial success perspective. I suspect Aura will also rejuvenate the College Park retail component. The question is whether it can succeed caught between the Bloor & Dundas anchors. I think it can,

It's going to be a major food destination for ryerson students, thats for sure. I wonder if it will be as big of a draw as the toronto life building has proved to be. Ryerson students know it so well because many have classes in the amc theatres and to exit you are forced to go through the food court.

Yes, once the construction goes up to the high floors -- and I don't know as to what that level will be.

Retail units, at P1 level, are all condo units. So the sooner the units are turned over to the owners, the sooner the developer will get its money.

To see, eye pleasing, 15 second promo video of retail at P1 level, please go to www.retailataura.com

Click on "floor plan' on the top left hand side to see the outlay of shops/stores proposed.

Looking at that PDF, the label for "Future Connection to PATH" is a little ambiguous. Do they mean through Units 64 & 65?

Last edited:
Looking at that PDF, the label for "Future Connection to PATH" is a little ambiguous. Do they mean through Units 64 & 65?

My take from someone with no knowledge of construction and/or reading of plans.

On the PDF map, just below unit 64, there is an elevator and just further below there are stairs going to below grade -- P! level. It seems that there will be a passage, at P1 level, behind units 64 & 65 that will lead to PATH, whenever it reaches AURA.

The problem here is it really just to call the toronto life building a success ? I think the restaurants do very well but the food court only seems to be okay - there's 2 empty units from what I recall (at least one).

Here's the worst part ... check out the below ground floor in the building - the majority of units have come and gone! There's over 3 vacancies there - clearly, traffic / and there's a ton of pedestrian traffic on the lower levels does not equate to commerical success.

My guess is the food court and the like - really any small retails outlets ... in Aura are going to fail ... and fail miserably.
Big box stores / large restaurants - they'll be fine though.

College park is already a giant food court with a few dentists and optometrists thrown in. How much more could the area possibly support?

College park is already a giant food court with a few dentists and optometrists thrown in. How much more could the area possibly support?

According to the developer, there will be 931 suites in AURA and estimated 2,000 new residents.

As it is now, Metro , always, is, hopelessly, understocked -- unless you do shopping before 10.00am. With the addition of AURA, at least 1 big supermarket could easily be accommodated. There will be an overflow of customers to new, hopefully different mix of shops, food court.

With the critical mass of customers, the location in itself will become a 'destination' drawing customers from the surroundings.

Individuals who own condo units must have done some research before buying units at around $ 800.00sq.ft.

Working on the first retail level

aurad3c.jpg

All the different stages of a floor

aurad3d.jpg

It still amazes me how they pour floors with concrete. They have to pour all the floors exactly the same, they have to get them levelled, etc.. crazy stuff.. i still don't know how they do it!

According to the developer, there will be 931 suites in AURA and estimated 2,000 new residents.

As it is now, Metro , always, is, hopelessly, understocked -- unless you do shopping before 10.00am. With the addition of AURA, at least 1 big supermarket could easily be accommodated. There will be an overflow of customers to new, hopefully different mix of shops, food court.

A full-sized Loblaws supermarket, one block away, will take a lot of pressure off Metro - or take away a lot of business, depends on how you want to look at it.

A full-sized Loblaws supermarket, one block away, will take a lot of pressure off Metro - or take away a lot of business, depends on how you want to look at it.

Yes, but only if you are doing your weekly shopping. If, however, you need only a few items, then, it becomes a bit difficult to walk all the way from, and back to, Bay & College, lugging a bag of groceries, especially, in the Winter.

Back