Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Yes, but only if you are doing your weekly shopping. If, however, you need only a few items, then, it becomes a bit difficult to walk all the way from, and back to, Bay & College, lugging a bag of groceries, especially, in the Winter.

Seriously? I live in the "suburbs" of the Danforth, and the nearest large grocery store is four block away. And keep in mind that they won't have to walk outside from Bay and College -- residents can get to within half a block of the MLG Loblaws underground, via College Park and the subway station exit at Yonge and Carlton.

Seriously? I live in the "suburbs" of the Danforth, and the nearest large grocery store is four block away. And keep in mind that they won't have to walk outside from Bay and College -- residents can get to within half a block of the MLG Loblaws underground, via College Park and the subway station exit at Yonge and Carlton.

It seems that we represent entirly two different solitudes -- young person like you: have will, will walk -- and not so young person like myself: why walk extra, if you can avoid it. Remembrer, one has to walk up the steps to come out near Met. That's hard on the knees. (grin here).

Last edited:
Yes, but only if you are doing your weekly shopping. If, however, you need only a few items, then, it becomes a bit difficult to walk all the way from, and back to, Bay & College, lugging a bag of groceries, especially, in the Winter.

That's only a five minute walk!! Walking is the healthiest low-impact exercise you can do at any age. Get a granny cart if weight is an issue along with gloves and a hat - they're very handy! :)

Looking at that PDF, the label for "Future Connection to PATH" is a little ambiguous. Do they mean through Units 64 & 65?

My take from someone with no knowledge of construction and/or reading of plans.

On the PDF map, just below unit 64, there is an elevator and just further below there are stairs going to below grade -- P! level. It seems that there will be a passage, at P1 level, behind units 64 & 65 that will lead to PATH, whenever it reaches AURA.

Or put another way, when it initially opens, the space that currently says ENTRY FROM GRADE in it will have both stairs and an elevator going up to the sidewalk, while eventually once the PATH connection is made, a knockout panel at the south end of that ENTRY area will be... knocked out.

Units 64 and 65 will not be affected.

That's only a five minute walk!! Walking is the healthiest low-impact exercise you can do at any age. Get a granny cart if weight is an issue along with gloves and a hat - they're very handy! :)

It is a very good idea. I have given it a thought myself.

Do you think I will be a sitting duck for panhandlers, druggies and young punks that frequent around Church and Sherbourne streets?

If your walk to the MLG Loblaws takes you to Sherbourne you're probably in greater risk of being picked up by one of those meddling social workers in the white polo shirts with the butterfly nets.

And you will get lots of opportunity for those walks because all of these tiny condos have even smaller kitchens and you can’t fit very many "groceries" in them. You will most likely eat out 75% of the time and buy a few groceries for small meals or snacks. At least that what I did years ago.

Third crane is going up quickly outside my living room window.

Attachments

• Toronto-20101211-00051.jpg
    Toronto-20101211-00051.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Back