Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

I thought the OMB is still set to render its decision with respect to the City's motion?

Can they begin with such works without that decision? http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL120119

As per the letter received from Menkes, they have received final approval and will begin work very soon.

It has also been confirmed that demolition and site preparations are anticipated to begin in January 2014 and construction will start in the first quarter of 2014.

Last edited:
Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1Z9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 243000 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 30, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 29 sty condo with 360 residential units, commercial at grade, and 5 levels of below grade parking.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1Z9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 267611 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Nov 20, 2013

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposal for a 31 storey apartment building with 3 storey podium and retail uses at grade.

Great news to have more large-scale rental developments rather than just buildings sold to individual condo investors who rent out their condo units. If I was renting again, I'd prefer to live in a well-managed, purpose-built rental building than rent a condo unit.

p.s. For all the criticism that Tridel gets on UT for bland architecture (which I think that they are rectifying recently), they actually do produce a well-constructed product having their own construction firm and all. A PDI with Tridel is a pleasure and they fix things asap vs. other developers who use other construction firms and have a complete breakdown in organizing anything...with no one hired as quality controllers...resulting in disastrous PDI's. Not naming names here in this respect, just sayin' Tridel wouldn't allow half the things that are acceptable with other developers.

Thats 365 church, this project is 355 Church right beside it. This project is by Tridel.

This project is the red one, the yellow one is Menkes condo project:

jW0NaKT.jpg

Thats 365 church, this project is 355 Church right beside it. This project is by Tridel.

This project is the red one, the yellow one is Menkes condo project:

Oh sorry, i was commentating on this application posted on this thread

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1Z9

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was 365 Church too

Rental makes sense here, especially since it's close to Ryerson campus.

Really liking this development along Church, it's so barren right now with the old Barn building, terrible murals, and parking lots.

Back