Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

I read in a couple places this has been cancelled, as well as Lumen at CityPlace.

This project has been the best selling one of the few launches we've had this year, and is 100% happening (provided approvals are in place). This one will be well over 70% sold before the 'public' sales launch.

Last edited:
A shame about Lumen, although knowing Concord they'll likely rebrand/relaunch it at a future date. My uncle recently attended a Menkes sale promotion event and reported that sales for 365 Church were quite strong. All signs indicate construction will happen.

For investors, any almost any condo development within walking distance of U of T and especially Ryerson is a gold mine. Add 'location-location-location' and it's a success, which is why I've speculated that we'll see major development pressure east of Yonge now.

Away from U of T and Ryerson being nearby....im surprised that investors would think that part of the city stuck in the 70s, is about 'location-location-location':confused:

The area is not in great shape, but it doesn't change the fact its location is prime.
I would rather live at Church/Gerrard than Liberty village or CityPlace.

It is steps away from Yonge st, subway, universities, several grocery stores. Yep, the location is fantastic IMO.

The area is not in great shape, but it doesn't change the fact its location is prime.

It is steps away from Yonge st, subway, universities, several grocery stores. Yep, the location is fantastic IMO.

Hey, different strokes for different folks, ,,,,Yikes, i wouldnt even dream of living in that neighbourhood.

100% Agree. Anything East of Yonge is a big no no. Way too sketchy.

Concord while sterile I feel much safer.

King West is my preferred residence.

The east side only really gets sketchy when you hit Sherbourne. Church has never been sketchy (at least as far back as I can remember) and Jarvis has improved dramatically. I remember when Jarvis used to be crawling with prostitutes, but I haven't spotted one there in years.

I agreed with Ramako. Church is not sketchy, I used to live around Church/Gerrard area when I was in university and that was 10 years ago. Jarvis used to have a "hooker corner" by the Harveys, but recently I went downtown on a few occassions at night for ramen (not hooker haha). Can't seem to spot them there anymore.

With the success of 365, I am sure there will be more upcoming projects to redevelop that area in the near future. Jarvis/Gerrard (where the Harvey is) can easily be another good corner.
Along Church, they can use some new mixed residential/retail. Ryerson is growing. Should be able to see more students demanding housing in the coming years.

East of Sherbourne is where it starts getting sketchy. I really enjoyed the Gerrard/Yonge area when I was living there.

I'm breaking my own rule by making this comparison but imagine if New Yorkers had a similar mindset as Manhattan exploded in the last 20 years? Soho, the East Village/Lower East Side/Bowery, Meat Packing District, Hell's Kitchen etc. would never have been settled. As we begin run out of buildable space for highrises downtown and as property values soar to insane levels, east is the easiest and most obvious target for developers, not including what's planned for East Bayfront, the Donlands etc.

What a stupid thing to say. It sounds like you're scared of your own shadow. The east side of downtown isn't the least bit scary. When you say it's a no go zone, you just sound paranoid.

Agree, it's close to my ideal location downtown. Everything is right at your door step. There aren't any prostitutes at Gerrard and Church. Besides, I have more of an issue with rowdy testosterone fueled kids than hookers any way. I have she-male prostitutes right on my street and they co-exist with the residents relatively seamlessly. I've never had an issue with them.

I'd pull my hair out if I were forced to live in City Place. Coma inducing and far too many drunk, inconsiderate kids.

Last edited:

Interesting, wasn't there a shooting at King and Portland not too long ago? I'd rather a few "sketchy" randoms hanging around not bothering anyone over the hoards of drunken idiots vomiting and fighting all over the street every weekend.

Also factor in the future presence of 355 Church and 70 Carlton. What an impact these new developments will have along this stretch.

From Menkes:

562457_366624336781336_2091279279_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back