Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

This project has been the best selling one of the few launches we've had this year, and is 100% happening (provided approvals are in place). This one will be well over 70% sold before the 'public' sales launch.

Yes; the last I heard it was 75% of total units (270 of 360 units) sold...so sounds like a very successful launch, and the first major project launched downtown in 2013. So developers have pulled way back from 2011 and 2012 and don`t appear to be over-saturating the market right now.

Makes sense. THe PACE project down at Jarvis and Dundas also sold out pre-construction. There is a market for student condos, clearly, especially wtih the investors.

I wish they would keep the heritage building on the site. It's in terrible shape, but has a lot of character and would be quite handsome fully restored and renovated.

I wish they would have bought and also demoolished teh small building on the corner of Granby and Church (the one wtih the sandwich place and coffee shop in it). It has no architectural value.

Yes; the last I heard it was 75% of total units (270 of 360 units) sold...so sounds like a very successful launch, and the first major project launched downtown in 2013. So developers have pulled way back from 2011 and 2012 and don`t appear to be over-saturating the market right now.

surprising, if true, though understandable given the proximity to ryerson. i'd be curious to see at what price deals are being cut and with what sort of incentives. regardless, the lack of new junk entering the market is definitely a good sign which provides balance to the market.

Prices were around $600 PSF on average, nothing special, but obviously appealed to investors looking to rent out to students. Nothing much in terms of incentives other than the usual levies capped at X amount and no assignment fee (which means nothing anyway).

I wish they would keep the heritage building on the site. It's in terrible shape, but has a lot of character and would be quite handsome fully restored and renovated.

It stays, adding a little bit of character on this block, sadly the larger building attached to the south (with the closed variety store) comes down. Presumably what remains will be restored and cleaned up.

Last edited:
Prices were around $600 PSF on average, nothing special, but obviously appealed to investors looking to rent out to students. Nothing much in terms of incentives other than the usual levies capped at X amount and no assignment fee (which means nothing anyway).

not bad at all. i assume they paid high commissions like cresford has been doing of late as well.

It stays, adding a little bit of character on this block, sadly the larger building attached to the south (with the closed variety store) comes down. Presumably what remains will be restored and cleaned up.

Actually, it won't be cleaned up. It's not owned by the developer. It will remain a pustule on that area of Church St.

Well, Church and McGill is going to be a mini-node given 2 projects in the pipeline (this and the FSA site) plus the Barn and Guu strip plaza that I am sure will come further down the road. Personally I am supportive of projects of this scale south of Wood anyways.

The low building where Bulldog is at has little architectural value, but it does work very, very well - it will be a difficult site to redevelop, that's for sure.

AoD

365j25.jpg

Back