Member Bio
Reaction score
Sep 23 and 28, 2020

086C6317-211C-4F60-8CC4-950FE1A51426.jpeg

70C093C4-2DD6-461F-9BB7-ACB15059A0BA.jpeg

karledice

Member Bio
Reaction score
This building is so bland and boring I don't think you can come up with anything less exciting if you wanted to
Has no accent anywhere

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This building is so bland and boring I don't think you can come up with anything less exciting if you wanted to
Has no accent anywhere
Au contraire, thankfully it does have some design. It's nicely squared off, with shiny, reflective north and south elevations contrasting with the precast frame on the east and west sides, which lead to a nice, neat cap that connects them at the roof. Mid-rise on the south side there's a sleek, curtain-walled strip that articulates the balconies into two volumes. Up top, the north side terraces towards Queen Street in deference. This is one of the more elegant boxes to be put up in this city in the last while and I appreciate it.

smably

Member Bio
Reaction score
I also appreciate it because it's a form that you don't often see often these days. No podium/tower to speak of here: it's all one big, muscular slab rising straight up. It's a novelty, maybe not one that I'd like to see repeated everywhere across the city, but still a refreshing change from the more typical condo form. And it turned out vastly better than its renders suggested.

Lyphe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting building generally ...
but, I really dislike the way it meets the street. It has that 'podium-squashed' look that I dislike so much.

karledice

Member Bio
Reaction score
The South facing units in this building will be blocked by the Tableau building and this new Concord one :(
They wont get any sun! :(🌞

DtTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
I REALLY like the look of this building. It reminds me of the UN building in NYC. The sharp, slab like proportions, the high quality reflecting glazing contrasting the matte precast panels, and best of all, the recessed balconies make this one of the most elegant buildings in the area. That's saying a lot, considering it's in very good company. Considering the renderings that were presented, I had assumed the worst, but this materialized into something really quite unique and attractive. Well done!