Toronto 330 Richmond | 93.57m | 27s | Greenpark | Core Architects

September 28, 2020. The exterior of the building - particularly the south and west facades, now look to be pretty much complete.

20200928_122619.jpg

This building is so bland and boring I don't think you can come up with anything less exciting if you wanted to
Has no accent anywhere

This building is so bland and boring I don't think you can come up with anything less exciting if you wanted to
Has no accent anywhere
Au contraire, thankfully it does have some design. It's nicely squared off, with shiny, reflective north and south elevations contrasting with the precast frame on the east and west sides, which lead to a nice, neat cap that connects them at the roof. Mid-rise on the south side there's a sleek, curtain-walled strip that articulates the balconies into two volumes. Up top, the north side terraces towards Queen Street in deference. This is one of the more elegant boxes to be put up in this city in the last while and I appreciate it.

I also appreciate it because it's a form that you don't often see often these days. No podium/tower to speak of here: it's all one big, muscular slab rising straight up. It's a novelty, maybe not one that I'd like to see repeated everywhere across the city, but still a refreshing change from the more typical condo form. And it turned out vastly better than its renders suggested.

Interesting building generally ...
but, I really dislike the way it meets the street. It has that 'podium-squashed' look that I dislike so much.

The South facing units in this building will be blocked by the Tableau building and this new Concord one :(
They wont get any sun! :(🌞

Back