Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

EA68DD67-2166-4511-81EE-150AC84AA310.jpeg
391DCA00-DBB5-4DE1-BC00-D13E521F69C6.jpeg

I know this is irrational but I’m uncomfortable with how much this currently resembles the Bay-Adelaide Centre stump from the 1990s.
This one is leased and needs to be completed on time. Bay Adelaide wasn't. No comparison.

This one is leased and needs to be completed on time. Bay Adelaide wasn't. No comparison.
I also feel that, were I the TD board and about to kibosh this project, I’d demand the comapny’s sign be removed from it. Don’t want people calling it the “TD stump”; not good for business.

C'mon now Cadillac Fairview even has their logo lit up on the crane too? I've never seen a company so desperate to market their name out.
I guess you've never seen an Oliver Jewelry commercial.
This happens all the time, nothing new. Here's a GWL-branded crane I shot in 2018, and I've seen many more over the years.
Tower Crane by Jack Landau, on Flickr
It isn't "desperation" it's an obvious way to get your brand out on the skyline while things are under construction.

I guess you've never seen an Oliver Jewelry commercial.
This happens all the time, nothing new. Here's a GWL-branded crane I shot in 2018, and I've seen many more over the years.
Tower Crane by Jack Landau, on Flickr
It isn't "desperation" it's an obvious way to get your brand out on the skyline while things are under construction.
Interesting. I've seen the standard "fabric" wrap signs placed on cranes before, but the one's with lights are a new sight for me.

In CF's case, it just seems desperate to me since they love plastering their logo across literally every. single. minute. object. possible.

Back