News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Seems kind of unlikely that noone at the TTC would have leaked pictures or news... especially since the official word is September.

Yeah ... see further up this thread - http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showpost.php?p=279295&postcount=214

The answer to the same question last time was yes by shontron. But later CodeMonkey claimed it was a mock-up, because of the lack of wheels. And although no one challenged him, I'm not sure he is correct.

According to people who saw what is pictured above at the APTA Expo, it is just a mock-up of the cab.

At the TTC training tour, one of the employees mentioned when these cars will arrive and when they will run. I'll have to check with someone else who was there who may have taken notes, and then I'll post about it here.

EDIT: Just finished speaking to another person who was there, and the first of the new cars should arrive in the 4th quarter of this year and be in service by mid-spring.

EDIT 2: We also both remember him saying a training simulator is to arrive at Wilson at some point.

Last edited:
According to people who saw what is pictured above at the APTA Expo, it is just a mock-up of the cab.

It is just the cab but I am pretty certain it is more than a mock-up with fake parts. Based on the car bodies I have seen it looks like the cab is built independently and mounted onto the rest of the car.

The first 3 cars are finish in Thunder Bay and been sent to Kingston for testing since they have a larger test track there.

First Train in early 2010 for TTC to test with 92 trains to be here by the end of 2010.

The count down for the H's will start late 2010 or early 2011. Will depend if we get the Pam AM games.

That's DRUM!

Thanks Drum!

Always on top of all the detailed Transit News! :D

The way you arrive with the facts just in time to stop another run-away rumour streak at UT or to hold the TTC or GO accountable......

Has me picturing you as Joe Friday of Dragnet....... (for those that are too young....oh forget about it.....LOL) :p

Drum da Drum Drum.....:p

Thanks Drum!

Always on top of all the detailed Transit News! :D

The way you arrive with the facts just in time to stop another run-away rumour streak at UT or to hold the TTC or GO accountable......

Has me picturing you as Joe Friday of Dragnet....... (for those that are too young....oh forget about it.....LOL) :p

Drum da Drum Drum.....:p
And I guess what I posted was just another runaway rumour? I don't mean to start anything, but I find the above statement just a little bit offensive to someone who is trying to provide information as well.

^^^

ppl believe what the want to hear. Facts that coincide with their assumptions become the truth and those that doesn't tend to automatically be considered as unreliable rumors.

You could still be right. We just don't know.

And I guess what I posted was just another runaway rumour? I don't mean to start anything, but I find the above statement just a little bit offensive to someone who is trying to provide information as well.

I don't think that was referring to your post, it was more referring to the rumor that they were already here being tested. Not much of a difference between "end of this year" and "early next year"...

With the H4 and H5s retiring as the Rocket fleet is stood up, can anyone reiterate to me what will happen to the H6s and T1s? Will there be any H6s and T1s on the Yonge line at all? Or will all of them shift to the Bloor-Danforth and the Sheppard lines leaving YUS to be serviced solely by Rockets?

I'm pretty sure he is referring to the people who suggested the subway was already here and that the new subway would be used on the Bloor-Danforth line which is about as misinformed as you can possibly get without suggesting the new subway car flies.

The full order of the new cars is apparently enough to replace all the T1's on YUS - that's the only way to install ATC. They'll have to order more cars for the extensions... not sure if they'll have enough to lower headways.

Thank you to UD2, Swarley, and EnviroTO for the explanations. Perhaps I jumped to conclusions or misinterpreted the comment, and I apologize for doing so.

With the H4 and H5s retiring as the Rocket fleet is stood up, can anyone reiterate to me what will happen to the H6s and T1s? Will there be any H6s and T1s on the Yonge line at all? Or will all of them shift to the Bloor-Danforth and the Sheppard lines leaving YUS to be serviced solely by Rockets?

Regarding the H6 stock, they will still be kept on the Bloor-Danforth line.

The full order of the new cars is apparently enough to replace all the T1's on YUS - that's the only way to install ATC. They'll have to order more cars for the extensions... not sure if they'll have enough to lower headways.

TTC ordered 39 trains. 49 Trains are currently scheduled for Yonge and you can assume some spares will be required for breakdowns, etc.

So, we have NOT ordered enough to replace all T1s on YUS.

Decreasing headway via ATC requires significantly more trains than we currently run today. (More trains, same track). Assume 1/3rd increase + spares + new sets for extensions.

ATC is more likely to give us the same number of trains as today but with the addition of the 7th car. I.e. we use it for stopping.

This would allow for mixed sets. Adding ATC to the T1s would be pretty trivial (compared to rewiring the tunnels/computer systems/dispatch) too.

Steve Munro did a post on this a while ago

http://stevemunro.ca/?p=816

According to him they have ordered 60 trains to replace the H cars, but the TTC will need more in order to get the significant increases in capacity they have promised.

Back