News   Jul 12, 2024
 584     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 281     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

So when the H's are gone, then the yellow line will only have TR's I guess.

You guess? :confused: This has been talked about extensively on UT and on the local media. The YUS ("yellow line") will be TR exclusive once delivery is complete. All T1s will be moved the the BD.

Though there may be a period when the H5s are all withdrawn from the yellow line, that the yellow line has both TRs and T1s (with the green line having T1s and H6s).

But yes, ultimately, yellow all TRs and green all T1s, except in emergencies (like the recent accident south of Wilson station, which saw Danforth-based T1s and H6s on the yellow line).

BTW, have they tested TRs on Bloor-Danforth yet? There must be a point coming soon, where TRs make up 50% of the fleet at Wilson, that they'd have to ready to use TRs on Bloor-Danforth if there's some reason nothing can get out of Greenwood.

Though there may be a period when the H5s are all withdrawn from the yellow line, that the yellow line has both TRs and T1s (with the green line having T1s and H6s).

But yes, ultimately, yellow all TRs and green all T1s, except in emergencies (like the recent accident south of Wilson station, which saw Danforth-based T1s and H6s on the yellow line).

BTW, have they tested TRs on Bloor-Danforth yet? There must be a point coming soon, where TRs make up 50% of the fleet at Wilson, that they'd have to ready to use TRs on Bloor-Danforth if there's some reason nothing can get out of Greenwood.

I've asked around before and from what I've heard the answer is no. They better test them soon though. If something horrible happens on the YUS (yellow) line, they may need to bring some TRs onto the line.

If they going to run them on the BD to Greenwood, all ceiling slats will have to be removed like they did on the YUS.

Don't see any issues for the TR to run to/from Greenwood.

If they going to run them on the BD to Greenwood, all ceiling slats will have to be removed like they did on the YUS.

Don't see any issues for the TR to run to/from Greenwood.

Could you remind us, why did they have to remove ceiling slats for TRs to run? thanks

Pretty sure it's due to the venting/intake being on the top of the trains rather then the bottom.

Correct.

They did something I have being calling for years and that was the removal of the slats. I raised this issue at various commissioners meets over the last 8 years.

This was not only a huge labour cost to removed them in various places to do work, but mismatch when they reinstalled after the work was done that were an eye sore. Even trying to clean them was big bucks.

Our H5s are literally falling apart. There is an H5 that has been rolling around on the YUS all week with disabled doors. I am 95% certain that the TTC has no intention of fixing it. To the scrap yard with them!

All that says is that they've let the maintenance go, and yet somehow there were 5 trains of H-5s out yesterday for the PM rush. Despite the lack of maintenance, they keep going.

There was a G car that ran with a disabled door for a year near the end because they couldn't be bothered to fix it, the same abandonment of maintenance happened with those trains and yet they kept running.

The CLRVs were nearly falling apart a couple of years ago because basic maintenance was allowed to slip to the point where there was a major car shortage on a daily basis. When there was a push to get them back into shape their performance improved.

Caught the 5460's yesterday (the test train with the modifications) and noticed they were missing the grab bars under the HVAC units. Also the chime was reverted back to that of the rest of the TR fleet but still preserving the lower pitched tritone.

Caught the 5460's yesterday (the test train with the modifications) and noticed they were missing the grab bars under the HVAC units. Also the chime was reverted back to that of the rest of the TR fleet but still preserving the lower pitched tritone.

When I caught the test train the other day, the outside speakers were playing the new chime, but the old one was still blasting out of the inside speakers as usual, completely out of tune and sync with the outside -- kind of painful on the ears!

So they seem to have solved the "doors not opening" problem :) Anybody here know how yesterday's problem at Dupont station might be related or not to the ongoing tests on the new TRs?

BFrFSCnCUAAGAuD.jpg

So they seem to have solved the "doors not opening" problem :) Anybody here know how yesterday's problem at Dupont station might be related or not to the ongoing tests on the new TRs?

Good thing everyone complained about the doors taking a second to open so that we can enjoy the breeze of the doors open while the train is moving.

Good thing everyone complained about the doors taking a second to open so that we can enjoy the breeze of the doors open while the train is moving.

after over 50 years of making subway trains. Bombardier suddenly forgot how doors worked.

Back