News   Jul 12, 2024
 415     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 477     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

You can't compare populations between city districts in US and Canada.. districts are drawn completely differently. The size of buffalo city proper would almost fit into markham twice.

Yup. Cities should be compared by urban areas or some other similar measurement.

Using land area for a place like Ottawa doesn't work because it has a ton of active farmland. Likewise, using an arbitrary border put down a century ago also doesn't work because the population has grown out of it.

They're starting to look dirty and used on the outside now.

I have a feeling that's because the TTC has been using them. As nice as the Rocket's are the TTC never thought to have Bombardier's Magical Dirt Repelling Coating(TM) applied.

But it would be nice to see the TTC take them to the local Esso for a car wash. Maybe Andy Byford and Karen Stintz can take them down there on Saturday when they go to pick up some groceries.

The light rail systems of Cleveland, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, and Oceanside all have lower ridership than Buffalo's, so it's hardly the worst ridership, compared even to just North American systems.

They could install car wash fluid jets in the tunnels as the trains pass through.

Install them between Wellesley and Bloor station. The trains go nice and slow through that section of tunnel during rush hour and the kids will love the show. Only problem is that water may spray through the poorly assembled doors of the T1 cars. Maybe the TTC should provide raincoats

Was on a 5600's today and boy did it had flat wheels.

Doors still taking 4 seconds to open.

Understand there is a meeting taking place on Friday about these cars as well the LRT.

4402 has only 1 days to show up to make the delivery timetable for a Feb delivery.

Some of the flip down seats don't flip up after someone gets off them on the 5600's or the 5500's I was on today.

Did it ever come out how much the TTC got for the H5/6 disposal? Not riches I'm sure but presumably something.

They are here till November
But the way TR trains are becoming a clear dissaster they might be wise and keep the H5 cars around

So when the H's are gone, then the yellow line will only have TR's I guess.

You guess? :confused: This has been talked about extensively on UT and on the local media. The YUS ("yellow line") will be TR exclusive once delivery is complete. All T1s will be moved the the BD.

Did it ever come out how much the TTC got for the H5/6 disposal? Not riches I'm sure but presumably something.

How much is a working H5/H6 trainset worth anyways? My guess is nothing over a few thousand dollars. Wouldn't be surprised if I could pick one up for $6000.

But the way TR trains are becoming a clear dissaster they might be wise and keep the H5 cars around

Disaster? How so? There were a few glitches at launch but nothing disastrous.

Our H5s are literally falling apart. There is an H5 that has been rolling around on the YUS all week with disabled doors. I am 95% certain that the TTC has no intention of fixing it. To the scrap yard with them!

I'll miss those cars. So many memories on them. I always end up taking pictures with them whenever I ride the subway. Never know if it will be my last ride on one.

Last edited:

Back