News   Jul 12, 2024
 434     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 483     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Maybe now they'll replace the coal stoves that are on the Peter Witt streetcars with baseboard electric heaters.

Oh wait, they did. My, am I behind the times.

Actually, we'll see other changes over the years with the Rocket trainsets. Hopefully, they'll change the LED station map over the doorways with something more HDTV-like.

TTC debuts revised version of its Rocket subway train

20130131-Rocket-Straps.jpg

For a new train that looks insanely cluttered.

For a new train that looks insanely cluttered.

Can't Bombardier come up with something better than that. It looks like some employee made that with spare parts hours before they were going to send the trainset down to Toronto.

And I don't like the placement of the yellow straps. It looks like people could run into them.

Rapidly diminishing headroom. I sure hope the TTC has done the math and determined that lawsuits from short people would have cost more than lawsuits from tall people will. Are tall people not litigious?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the height clearance is under the AC unit on MTA's R160s and R179s? It seems like this area on both the TRs and R160s and R179s are approximately the same height clearance from observation. What MTA has done is installed a stanchion under the AC unit which could work with the TRs but unfortunately you probably get an earful from those who are in wheelchairs or have disabilities.

pict01491-2.jpg

Attachments

• pict01491-2.jpg
    pict01491-2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
Rapidly diminishing headroom. I sure hope the TTC has done the math and determined that lawsuits from short people would have cost more than lawsuits from tall people will. Are tall people not litigious?
How high are these bars, compared to the bar that runs the complete length of the T1 trains, in the centre of the walkway? It's also lower than the AC units, and can't be that different in height with what is being tested on the TRs. The same bar on the TRs is a lot higher.

4800886602_701aa592c1_z.jpg

Too busy making higher salaries than the rest of us.

They will be refurbished and used in a new metro line in Lagos Nigeria. Buffalo does actually have a subway line (with some of the lowest ridership for any metro network on the planet) but it runs on the surface downtown.

They will be refurbished and used in a new metro line in Lagos Nigeria. Buffalo does actually have a subway line (with some of the lowest ridership for any metro network on the planet) but it runs on the surface downtown.

Given the fact that it run underground, under a blight area in the first place as well a decade downtown, no surprised on ridership numbers.

The current surface transit mall will become bidirectional single lane mix traffic lanes, with layover parking starting soon, considering it was supposed to started 3 years ago. Lack of funding being the issue.

The line never got built to where it was supposed to go in the first place doesn't help the numbers. Only hot air is being talked about not only for building that missing link, but taking line west. Even a branch line has been looked at also.

Could never understand why the line went underground as there was no real traffic on the surface as well low density for that section.

Like Calgary/Edmonton, Buffalo had to use high-floor cars since low-floor cars didn't exist then.

Would not recommend those H5 or H6 for Buffalo.

A 10km line with a ridership of 25,000 is not one of the lowest ridership on the planet. It's doing quite well considering it's one small line.

Back