News   Jul 24, 2024
 81     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 589     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 637     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

How big are the shelves displaying these LRVs?

You haven't been to the LRV store or your local Bombardier dealership?

136433872_96471015f4.jpg

Watch out, the salespeople there are big on the hard sell. You'll walk in planning to buy a Learjet and end up walking out with a CSeries.

if u have twitter make sure you follow TTCnoties:

mszego‎ @TTCnotices I'm sure you're aware of lousy terrible service the past few months on the Yonge subway. What's up? Where are the new trains?
Twitter - 1 day ago

TTCnotices‎ @mszego Service in winter is always slower - airport travel, general traffic, and TTC. We are still testing the new trains, will update ASAP
Twitter - 1 day ago

Why is it that when it comes to destination signs other than the buses, roll signs make it look big, while the LED ones look undersized?

Why is it that when it comes to destination signs other than the buses, roll signs make it look big, while the LED ones look undersized?

I agree to an extent, but it's not like anyone looks at those destination signs anyway.

I spotted a new subway train parked in the yard at Davisville station this evening. It was stainless steel, I guess like the existing cars, but had accordion-like joins between the trains. Unfortunately I didn't think to snap a photo - not used to having a cell phone with a camera on it.

I agree to an extent, but it's not like anyone looks at those destination signs anyway.

True, but as Amy Rose points out (indirectly), what's the point of signage if you can't properly read it? We do have the occasional tourist that might be interested to know with some certainty in which direction they're traveling. Heaven forbid they start to short-turn subways like streetcars...

Has the second train arrived? I was going by the other day and could have sworn I saw the cars numbered 5401, etc. It also didn't have any of the testing gear strapped to the exterior. With talk of the first train having to go back to Kingston, I assume the problems were identified before the second set was delivered?

Has the second train arrived? I was going by the other day and could have sworn I saw the cars numbered 5401, etc. It also didn't have any of the testing gear strapped to the exterior. With talk of the first train having to go back to Kingston, I assume the problems were identified before the second set was delivered?

The second trainset (which is the third one made) was delivered in December, so the TTC now has two TR's on property. You did see the second set.

CityNews says that the TRs are now supposed to start service in June.

Back