News   Jul 23, 2024
 538     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 611     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.8K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Spotted a TR parked at Davisville yesterday... It's staring to rust
Seriously??? Obviously rust is difficult to prevent in Canadian conditions but you'd think vehicles built under a $bn contract and intended for 30 years of service would be better protected.

Seriously??? Obviously rust is difficult to prevent in Canadian conditions but you'd think vehicles built under a $bn contract and intended for 30 years of service would be better protected.

Yeah. That's not how it works with such machinery. If trains are anything like airplanes (my area of knowledge), they need constant care to prevent rust.

How about a nice dark red with a thin yellow-gold stripe below the windows and another thin yellow-gold stripe above the doors? That might be sharp-looking paint scheme, even on the TR cars ....

How about a nice dark red with a thin yellow-gold stripe below the windows and another thin yellow-gold stripe above the doors? That might be sharp-looking paint scheme, even on the TR cars ....
300.ww.nw.lc.031711.jpg

Holy shit. It was metaphorical rust...you know, cuz it's been sitting around for so long and he wants to ride it already.

when i said rust, i was being sarcastic...of course i know that stainless steel won't rust...just wondering when the hell are we gona ever ride the TR...

Well, considering that driver training either has started or starts next week.....it won't be much longer now.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The trains still belong to Bombardier and there i still a lot of testing, no mechanics have been trained yet so I cant see them going into service yet. What would happen if it broke down on the main line....who would get it going since Line Mechanics haven't been trained. I'm saying late June give or take a few months.

The rust you mentioned is from chalk adhesives which are used to gauge clearances in tunnels.

The trains still belong to Bombardier and there i still a lot of testing, no mechanics have been trained yet so I cant see them going into service yet. What would happen if it broke down on the main line....who would get it going since Line Mechanics haven't been trained. I'm saying late June give or take a few months.

The rust you mentioned is from chalk adhesives which are used to gauge clearances in tunnels.

The mechanics have to take the trains apart and put them back together. Each mechanic has to do that again and again until they it becomes normal for them. Then the drivers have to be trained to get the feel and behaviour of the trainset.

Back