News   Jul 03, 2024
 496     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 1.1K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Timothy's all at the same location?

Love the sarcasm, all the great retailers on Yonge St. put TLS to shame... wait, who's on Yonge? The sausage guy...LOL adidas, Extreme, AMC, milestone's and Jack's are all great additions.

Are they still opening a Wolfgang Puck restaurant or has that been scrapped.

I can't wait to pay $10 for a slice of pizza.

^^^ I guess like Wolfgang Puck at Pearson.. That's disappointing. The restaurants are excellent (and the pizzas are much more than $10).

^^^ I guess like Wolfgang Puck at Pearson.. That's disappointing. The restaurants are excellent (and the pizzas are much more than $10).

He did say slice of pizza.

Some of the Pen Iniquity built AMC Cinema villages around the GTA opened with Wolfgang Puck restaurants in the recent past, but those have all closed. I don't know if that was because the cinema-eatertainment villages were under-patronized in total, or if because Puck's weren't doing well in this market specifically for whatever reason (poor local quality control of food/service, different local tastes from the US / lack of local interest in Californian Celebrichef / contempt for cinema-eatertainment villages in the great white north, are potential ingredients for their failure), but other than at the airport Wolfgang doesn't seem to have done too well here. Wasn't he supposed to have opened a spot at the Colonnade as well?

Puck's airport food court location is pretty good as these things go, and his counter may do fine at TLS too. I think he'll have to have establish several well-run counters of that type in this city before he tries another upscale eatery here again. We're not as big on "gourmet" food chains as the strip-mallers south of the border are, as we'd rather go to the cool new one-off joint down at the corner, so I think Puck's got his work cut out for him here.

Maybe they are banking on a higher than normal percentage of Americans in the area at airport hotels to help fill the seats. I'm not saying that no Canadians will want to go, but that he has better name-brand recognition on the other half of this continent.

They are also opening a full service resturant at Eglinton and Ave (don't expect too much folks. This is a chain restaurant after all).

Back