News   Jul 12, 2024
 904     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 808     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Those fans are so ridiculous. At least they could have put some mesh behind them to make it look a little more realistic. Thanks for the pics Sean.

This project is truly ugly as sin - there is no attempt to mask the already awkward massing of the project from 3 of the principle facades - Gould, Victoria and the upper portion along Yonge - the amount of care put into the effort compares to the building envelops for big boxes out in the burbs. On the one side that is all important (i.e. Dundas Square), they had the gall to put in atrociously fake plastic fans that has all the charm of coming fresh out of an injection mould.

0/10 in every category that I can think of.

AoD

Those fans are so ridiculous. At least they could have put some mesh behind them to make it look a little more realistic.

That's exactly what I was about to post. The backing is solid and the same colour as the blades, so it looks like a hubcap. A dark, almost black background of slats or mesh would've been much sexier.

Again...
TLS13.jpg

janetclose.jpg

Adma, at least there is something interesting behind some of those "fans."

I think they should raze this building and start all over again. Heck, even the rubble heap that was there 5 years ago was better than this.

ahh.. the voice of reason.

btw: I was downtown last nite, and I saw them continuing the dismantling of the hoarding.

WHAT???
They are not going to list the hoarding as part of Canadian Heritage site?? That's a shocker!

Not to worry... my brother-in-law works for the company and I have salvaged at least 120 sq feet of the hoarding for my proposed dog house.

I was a bit bummed to find out the 3/4" ply was actually 11/16" ply. Go figure. It's PenEquity.

Back