News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I don't get it either. In fact, I can already here it flapping in the wind. My guess is that Sears wants to make some advertising revenue (or to advertise its own goods), but doesn't want to invest "too much" in this property as they are still not sure if they are staying for the long-haul. So a cheap banner is what they've proposed. Hopefully City Hall gives them the big thumbs down.

I think they actually own the councourse levels, so no naming rights are needed. It was always inteded to be part of an "Eaton Centre" expansion with the business school on top.

Naming rights are being offered for the business building and it will eventually be given that name with proper signage. Its why they have a temporary banner on the side now.

mbolton080105.jpg

"PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?"​

Well, a sign this big in such a central location had better look good. If it's a super-cheap piece of crap, I'd rather have a blank wall. If it's done right, I can't wait.

Fascia is cheap - it is the same material as the illegal ads all over the city with the Bell Beavers and the Telus Monkeys and all. It's cheaper than back-lit, LED or anything else except perhaps canvas signs held by rope.

I've been missing out on a lot of news being out-of-town. This cheap fascia sign will probably be terrible.

475688157_e4f8e20f68.jpg

the south end of the victoria street facade

475688199_e740f32cb6.jpg

details up top

475678856_77e93e9298.jpg

cavities for posters? the north end of the victoria street facade

Those do look like spaces for billboards. That's too bad--as much as the base building looks like hell I doubt billboards are going to help it.

I have tried to suspend judgement on this until it was closer to completion. It's now time to start calling it one of the ugliest developments in the city. Much as it's good to finally get rid of that eternal construction hoarding at Yonge and Dundas, I'm not happy with this thing replacing it.

Yes a different standard seems to be applying at this corner, still, couldn't we have done better?

The Yonge and Dundas sides are actually looking decent so far, IMO. I think with all the billboards and ads they should be fine. The Victoria side is another story.

Victoria street could have been worse - I expected much less. It could have been ignored but they tried to give it some character.

Wow, the Victoria Street side is looking way better than I imagined it would. Thanks for the pics, interchange.

I was by the building last nite..seems to be moving rather quickly now. At least as far as the external work is concerned. Its all about the interior of the building now and getting those neon signs, and billboards up.

Back