News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
So now the Ryerson Business School will say "Eaton Centre" on an entrance as well?

Did they get naming rights, or was this planned from the get go?

eatonsso7.jpg

so if they dont illuminate this sign, does it just disappear into the darkness at night? (no back lighting, no top lighting, to bottom lighting?...nothing at all)

I dont get it.

I don't get it either. In fact, I can already here it flapping in the wind. My guess is that Sears wants to make some advertising revenue (or to advertise its own goods), but doesn't want to invest "too much" in this property as they are still not sure if they are staying for the long-haul. So a cheap banner is what they've proposed. Hopefully City Hall gives them the big thumbs down.

So now the Ryerson Business School will say "Eaton Centre" on an entrance as well? Did they get naming rights, or was this planned from the get go?
I think they actually own the councourse levels, so no naming rights are needed. It was always inteded to be part of an "Eaton Centre" expansion with the business school on top.

Slightly OT, but just imagine how much better the Sears portion of Eaton Centre would look if they could extend the windows/displays beyond the first two levels. It'd beat this proposal hands down.

AoD

I too am not sure about this overly huge banner on the Sears store. I liked the old architecture of the store and was sad to see it 'revamped' for the re-launched Eatons. The new facade was growing on me and I would much rather see the building and architecture, as opposed to one huge picture of a Nike shoe or cell phone. If they must have banners, I would prefer two or three smaller ones that did not hide the facade as much.

I like how they try to use a nice nature scene to soften the impact of the large ad... in reality it will be something much less attractive displayed.

Think of it: if this ad is approved by City Hall, Wal Mart could buy the damn thing to just run the whole word WAL•MART down the side of the Sears store. That just makes me shudder.

The Manchu Wok is the biggest problem right now. The food tastes nothing like the food from a normal Manchu Wok and seems to get everyone sick. The only safe thing are the noodles. Become manager again and fix it please?

http://www.aramark.ca/

Robert Zmak - District Manager Campus Food Services (including Ryerson)

416-255-1331
robert_zmak@aramark.ca

I have no clue if the guy still works there... He may have gotten a better job. But its always worth a try.

He loves getting feedback from the students....and so does the director of student services.. I forgot the guys name though. Its been a while.

Doubt SEARS would go for that, but ya we could see some very tacky massive ads along this.

But will it be Sears choice of who advertizes there? I imagine mall-owners Cadillac Fairview will decide (and they would probably not want WalMart on there actually...)

Think of it: if this ad is approved by City Hall, Wal Mart could buy the damn thing to just run the whole word WAL•MART down the side of the Sears store. That just makes me shudder.

Strongly agree. I've got no inherent beef with a banner this size, which could be pretty cool, but it's just too 'risky' to approve and let anyone put up any old thing, as 42 points out.

Back