News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
the victoria side works for me - can think of far worse that has been built recently or is in the process of being built

I also think the Victoria St side could have been much worse. At least it's clear they put some thought into it, and it doesn't look too bad.

It managed to make Jorgenson Hall look positively welcoming.

The project is such a sad tale of wasted potential- imagine a series of projected "boxes" clad in different types of metals (zinc, aluminium, copper, etc) projecting out in varying degree, with glazing in between showing the activity inside. But no, we have to have PenEquity cheap...

AoD

To those of you relatively happy with the Victoria St. side, how can I put this gently....

ARE YOU FREAKIN' NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Had to get that out of my system. Sorry for the shouting. But I feel I'm in Bizarro world ovah hee-yah.

It managed to make Jorgenson Hall look positively welcoming.

The project is such a sad tale of wasted potential- imagine a series of projected "boxes" clad in different types of metals (zinc, aluminium, copper, etc) projecting out in varying degree, with glazing in between showing the activity inside. But no, we have to have PenEquity cheap...

AoD

Jorgenson isn't that bad... its the Library building thats the bad one.

First post :)

Was walking on Yonge St. yesterday...gosh, the hoarding boards are off. Wow, it felt SO WEIRD when I was walking there... I walked there all the time, but first time...felt so strange....

To those of you relatively happy with the Victoria St. side, how can I put this gently....

ARE YOU FREAKIN' NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
For me, since the renderings pretty much ignored the Victoria Street side of the building I assumed the worst - that it'd be a flat, blank wall. At least there's something going on there even if it isn't top-notch architecture.

I find the front is not very good, esp the corner at Yonge/Dundas. It's such a important corner, I wish they had designed it better...make something iconic, instead of just one very simple billboard on top. Maybe some moving neon lights or something that can catch people's eyes would have been cool. Oh well... The whole thing is very bad.

They should have knocked down the parking garage, now it looks very odd. If the parking garage's gone...they can have the whole street level section with front store shops from Tim Horton all the way to the bookstore. Second and third floors can be expanded, and become much bigger.

So what about the parking spot? Well, they have below 3 levels, use that as parking stead...connect it to the Dundas Sq parking...connect the 2 to make it one big undergound parking...

Honestly, not alot of people will go all the way down to below 3 level...unless it connects to Eatons...

Those do look like spaces for billboards. That's too bad--as much as the base building looks like hell I doubt billboards are going to help it.

I think those 2 spots are prob for the movie theater...

BTW, re Sear's big ad plan...shouldn't we have a topic for that instead of here? Anyway...I'd not mind if Sear's big ad plan is similar to the one the Bay has, which I think is pretty cool...

^Great, so Ryerson is going to have advertisements facing Devonian Square advertising what--itself to it's students?

^Great, so Ryerson is going to have advertisements facing Devonian Square advertising what--itself to it's students?[/QUOTE]

I guess that will be up to their administrators... IMO if they used it to feature student work / projects / competitions from applicable faculties it could add value to the streetscape.

Back