News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
With Dundas being all torn up I wish they'd thought ahead and sunk some footings for a tunnel between the Ryerson Business Building and the Atrium. Every new connection helps, and I can see the Yonge/Dundas node of the PATH being overwhelmed once Metropolis opens.

And on the Ryerson Business Building, does anyone know if there's room there for additional retail? On the basement level there's a couple long blank walls that seem to be nothing more than plywood, and I've been wondering if they're just retail spaces waiting for tenants.

And on the Ryerson Business Building, does anyone know if there's room there for additional retail? On the basement level there's a couple long blank walls that seem to be nothing more than plywood, and I've been wondering if they're just retail spaces waiting for tenants.

I've been wondering that too. There are several doors on the south side of the basement level, it looks like there will be. Perhaps no tenants yet

Toronto Life Square [UT]

200px-Metropolis-Logo.jpg

Square

Metropolis.jpg

Final Rendering

Coming soon...
Actual Built

Toronto Life Square is a high-profile retail, office and entertainment complex development on the north-east corner of the intersection of Yonge Street and Dundas Street.
The project, which is currently under construction, and was originally delayed several times, sits on a large parcel of prime land in the city's commercial core, on the north side of Yonge-Dundas Square. The project was approved in 1998 with the opening originally planned for the year 2000. While construction boarding went up soon afterwards, the project suffered shutdowns and major delays. Construction finally began in 2003 and the developer, PenEquity, is now projecting a phased 2007 opening.

The project is being built around and over an existing parking garage belonging to the adjacent Ryerson University. In exchange for the air rights to build over its land, Ryerson will gain use of the AMC theatres as classrooms during daytime hours.

Renderings of the Toronto Life Square project are available here.

Effect on Local Economy and Tourism
Toronto Life Square is a flagship commercial development in Toronto's bustling Yonge-Dundas Square area. Analysts believe Toronto Life Square will likely stir new commercial and tourist growth in the Toronto downtown area. The growth of commercial prospertity in other more mature commercial districts such as New York City's Times Square, London's Piccadilly Circus and Tokyo's Shibuya, have served as the basis for these projections.

Downtown Toronto already has high profile, major shopping districts, particularly in the nearby indoor Toronto Eaton Centre shopping complex, the Yorkville, area, and parts of Queen Street West.
Toronto Life Square, however, is trying to stir development of a different type of shopping area, one that is dominated by billboards and video screens as well as high density buildings in an outdoor shopping area similar to Times Square in New York City.

Anchors
All tenants are subject to change as the complex does not officially open until fall 2007 (partial opening). DisneyQuest, the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and Virgin Megastore were originally anchor tenants, but later withdrew from the project.

Adidas|Adidas Sport Performance Store

:Adidas will open its store directly on the corner of Yonge & Dundas. The store will feature Adidas products such as footwear and accessories relating to sports.

AMC Theatres

:AMC will anchor the entertainment portion of Toronto Life Square with a 24 screen theatre. The AMC 24 located in Toronto Life Square is set to be a flagship of its Canadian operations.

Future Shop

:Future Shop is set to launch its most up-to-date and technologically advanced store, of the over 110 its currently operates coast to coast.

Shoppers Drug Mart

:The Shoppers Drug Mart will be located below street level and will operate in a 11,300 square foot store.

Other Retailers

Stores
Modrobes

Restaurants/Food Court
Bagel Stop
Baskin Robbins
Beijing Express
Bubble Tease
California Thai
Caribbean Queen
Cinnabon
Crepe Delicious
Jack Astor's
Jam Rock's
Johnny Rockets
Jugo Juice
Juice Rush
Koryo
Made In Japan
Mrs. Fields & Pretzelmaker
OPA! Souvlaki
Pita Village
Saute
Starbuck's
Subway
Sushi Q
Timothy's
Tim Hortons
VICI Gelateria & Cafe
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe

External links
www.Metropolis.ca

Source: Wikipedia - Edited for UrbanToronto by MetroMan

Metropolis / Toronto Life Square

I don't know. Is it fair to drop a venerable 78-page (wait... 78 pages? Pages ain't what they used to be!) thread just because St. Joe's Media up and slaps a name on it?

I think I'd rather see MetroMan's colourful and informative post incorporated into the existing thread...

You know what I noticed in the list provided by MetroMan?

Bagel Stop
Baskin Robbins
Beijing Express
Bubble Tease
California Thai
Caribbean Queen
Cinnabon
Crepe Delicious
Jack Astor's
Jam Rock's
Johnny Rockets
Jugo Juice
Juice Rush
Koryo
Made In Japan
OPA! Souvlaki
Pita Village
Saute
Starbuck's
Subway
Sushi Q
Timothy's
Tim Hortons
VICI Gelateria & Cafe
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe

No McDonald's! :D they're might be a good chance we won't be getting a golden arch looming over our new square.

You know what I noticed in the list provided by MetroMan?

Bagel Stop
Baskin Robbins
Beijing Express
Bubble Tease
California Thai
Caribbean Queen
Cinnabon
Crepe Delicious
Jack Astor's
Jam Rock's
Johnny Rockets
Jugo Juice
Juice Rush
Koryo
Made In Japan
OPA! Souvlaki
Pita Village
Saute
Starbuck's
Subway
Sushi Q
Timothy's
Tim Hortons
VICI Gelateria & Cafe
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe

No McDonald's! :D they're might be a good chance we won't be getting a golden arch looming over our new square.

You know what I noticed?

Ryerson can now close its shitty Cafeteria and turn the space into something useful!

You know what I noticed?

Ryerson can now close its shitty Cafeteria and turn the space into something useful!

I use to be the manager at the Ryerson Cafeteria..

I use to go to Ryerson..

I liked the Manchu Wok when I worked there.... I joined this forum just as I started working down there...August 02

Back