News   Aug 12, 2024
 172     1 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 506     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: Metropolis

All this and Jack Astor's to boot!!

Jack Astor's!?!?! Are you serious?

That said, I don't mind Jack Astor's that much. Especially when it was one of the only places to go in Brampton when I was a teenager. The artery-clogging garlic bread was always my favourite part.

All this and Jack Astor's to boot!! Can 'Pet Smart' and 'Bed, Bath and Beyond" be too far behind?

honestly, don't see the connection between a boring big box restaurant and big box pet store given the only difference in food stock between it and an independant or neighbourhood pet store chain is a lower price

What did you think they were going to put there? Susur?

Is Jack Astor's definitely going in to Metropolis? It isn't on their leasing plan which they usually keep quite up-to-date.

What I found funny and sad at the same time was his delight in pointing out that the project would have windows. I understand that he is comparing it to the other PenEquity projects which are boxes without windows but it is funny that windows seem like such a novel concept.

According to CTV they are going to be occupying the space with the patio fronting the corner of Yonge/Dundas.

At this rate, it'd be most amusing if my old snark were confirmed and Giant Tiger actually *did* open up here. (Though with the same students-on-the-cheap appeal as Dollarama, et al.)

some new pics of the Victoria St. side, posted at SSC by sniffles:

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Gould St..

IMG_0126.jpg

I don't know... It's hard to tell what it will look like when it's complete. It's not beautiful, but is it really that much worse than the parking garage that was there before?

The parking garage wasn't the worst in the city, and it certainly wasn't as hulking. A shame, because the new Cont. Ed. building on Victoria is the nicest building on campus right now - one building Ryerson did right.

Back