News   Aug 12, 2024
 411     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 538     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Congratulations, CTV, on producing a mac-incompatable page. Anything interesting in there?

Re: Metropolis

Sir Novelty...nothing too exciting, other than the reporter says that the 'first stores' will open in June....I thought some of the signage was to be operational by June, but the stores not opening till fall.

They interview the guy from PenEquity, plus Kyle Rae, who seems pretty excited about it....

More news on the Victoria St. side. Its not completely corrugated aluminum. Some smooth verticle element (I have no other way of describing it, maybe someone can snap some pics?) is being added in between two strips of the corrugated aluminum. Its still ugly in my opinion though.

Yeah, this thing has been Kyle Rae's baby since the later years of the last millenium. After a decade of answering questions from reporters about the lack of progress, I bet he's happy now.

I hope as an entertainment centre they manage to put some more "entertainment" in there. Right now it just seems like a glorified food court with a movie theatre.

Because that's exactly what it is. That's all it was ever intended to be.

^ At one point there was going to be a bowling alley... I think that is why there are the empty lower floors.

Heck, I'm just glad there's some glass on the backside. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect any street presence from the back of a mall. Our new opera house hardly respects York and Richmond. The rears of the theatres on Yonge St (Canon, Elgin) hardly have any street presence. And as far as the corrugated metal goes, I'm more worried about it on the Yonge St side... and there seems to be plenty of it. Strange though that people don't seem to mind the corrugated metal all over Graduate House.

Me three. Along with the unfortunates who have had to live in the dank confines of the Grad Prison.

The glass stairwells on the Victoria side look okay and the office windows on the backside of the billboard section facing north up Yonge look pretty good.

I'm hoping the Ryerson side will feature some public art or some Ryerson related material - otherwise - ugh - Lake Devo will no longer much of a mini sanctuary and Victoria will be a street to avoid.

All this and Jack Astor's to boot!! Can 'Pet Smart' and 'Bed, Bath and Beyond" be too far behind?

Back