News   Aug 12, 2024
 414     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 538     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The ducts were placed there because they will be covered. A billboard will be covering them.

As for the Victoria St. Side...

I just took those pictures yesterday and it already looks very different. All of the gray is now covered with insulation.

here's a blast from the past....1995.....from SSP....my, how we have changed...

720.jpg

What looks to be final cladding is going up on the Victoria side. Let me be the first to say that all hope for the Vic side is gone. Nothing like corrugated aluminum to clad a building!|I

At least the splurged and got the corrugated. Can you imagine what it would look like with just plain old siding? Shudder.

There was ever ANY hope for the Victoria Street facade? When there were never any renderings produced?

What I do not understand is how we've (Ryerson, the media, we concerned citizens) just sat around and waited to see how badly we're going to be screwed by Pen Equity on this building.

Oh, and I haven't seen this application of it yet, but corrugated is normally the cheapest and most squalid form of alluminum siding.

Someone get Chris Hume on to this!

hot-under-the-collar 42

Ryerson is partly to blame for this mess. This is the most important gateway into the campus and they let Pen Equity put up a corrugated aluminum barn to welcome visitors and students.

In addition, it completely overtakes the sidewalk on the west side of the street (the support pillars make the sidewalk almost impossible to use).

How long until the Victoria side is visually dominating Gould with not just aluminum siding - but advertising to cover it up?

Ryerson is partly to blame for this mess. This is the most important gateway into the campus and they let Pen Equity put up a corrugated aluminum barn to welcome visitors and students.

A cheap vinyl "RYERSON UNIVERSITY" banner over the cheap corrugated aluminum should do the trick.

Metropolis

Such a thrilling part of town! There are hundreds of real live potato chips in the bus shelter ad at the corner of Yonge and Dundas!

ctv news is going to do a piece on yonge dundas square on their 6 pm newscast.it might be on the website after.

Re: Metropolis

I saw it. Part of Metropolis will open in June (...they didn't say 2007 though).

What part though? They're nowhere near finished. Perhaps the underground levels are finished since they were the first to begin.

Back