News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
^ no wonder this thread is nearing 5000 posts... :rolleyes: sigh

Went again to Jack Astors. That place is quickly becoming my dinner hangout on Friday afternoons. The patio, unfortunately was being hogged since 4pm by a large party who at 7 were still there.

I have to reaffirm how I can't believe how hot every single waitress is in there.. OMG... even my female friend couldn't help but notice. They have some pretty high pre-requisite standards to get hired there... Jesus!

The food court is starting to come together. I liked the variations of tables and seating in there. There are even family style tables. The view along Yonge is quite nice.
I'd say about 15% of the restaurants were open with others apparently ready to debut.

One big negative that I noticed is that the food court stinked of burned oil.... I really hope that they built a good ventilation system –*and somehow it's not functioning yet. Otherwise, the whole food court and AMC level is going to constantly smell bad like Eaton Centre's own poorly ventilated food court(s).

I have to reaffirm how I can't believe how hot every single waitress is in there.. OMG... even my female friend couldn't help but notice.

Yes, this, I wholeheartedly agree. The majority are good looking, which I don't find so often. I've already been twice now, and can see this being a regular lunch spot.

As a cook in a "real" restaurant, I shouldn't like this chain restaurant, but their food isn't bad. Decently priced, usually pretty tasty, and the beer is always ice cold and fresh. The metal railings suck, but there's still a great view of the towers rising above. The atmosphere out there is great as well. All in all, it almost makes the whole project worth it.

Dude! That was you guys! lol

I was wondering whether to shout out "Caltraaaaane" to see if he looked..lol

I came down to the street at about 8:15 and then waited on the corner of Dundas and Victoria with you guys. I thought it was Cal but I wasn't sure.

I noticed somebody dropped a ketchup bottle over the Jack Astor railing. It was splattered down on the glass awning just above the street.

... oh, and yes, the steak was taaaasty.

I can't wait for Milestones to open so that everybody's patio lust gets fed without making it a 2 hour wait to sit out there. Milestone's patio is at least twice as large as Jack's.

Back