News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 495     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
And of course, my reply to adma's post gets deleted (along with others'), while hers is still standing.

... why am I not surprised?

Well I had dinner at Jack Astor's tonight, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was packed, on a Monday, and the patio is absolutely great. They've really done a nice job with it. My major complaint however is PenEquity's cheapening out; that balcony really calls for a nice glass railing opposed to the unsightly view-blocking metal rails there now. Also the interior is pretty bad, however I'm hoping that once the place really opens and is filled with tenants they'll help dress it up.

Overall, my verdict, the building itself leaves a lot to be desired. However, as somewhere to visit, if places keep up with Jack Astor's then I can see myself visiting here often. If they do something about the railings, I just may be up there a lot more.

I went today to visit the food court upstairs, at around 1:30 pm. The place was empty. About 6 food establishments were opened and each had about 4 or so employees standing around with nothing to do. And the rest of the building seemed empty as well.

As I pointed out in a previous post: with no Ryerson students and no built in office crowd or flow through traffic, this stand-alone food court could have a very tough summer.

Yeah it was strange, when I was there most of the place looked deserted. However Jack Astor's was completely full inside, and about half full on the patio.

I'm just going to give the whole place time, I haven't lost hope yet.

5.jpg

yesterday​

Really nice view!

Although it looks like you wont be able to see much from that patio on TLS.

jack astor's is amazing! i was there a few nights ago and the patio is top-notch...the metal railings aren't even an issue, really...the patio has a wow-factor that just tramples any small design mistakes. the inside is also really nice, and what a seletion of beers on tap! two thumbs up!

the mall itself though, still a piece of crap for the most part.

Jack Astor's entrance on Victoria complements the Tim Hortens nicely. Timmies looked all alone there before.

I wonder who'll lease the "nose" space at street level next to Jack Astor's entrance...

...McDonalds is surprisingly absent from this whole Yonge-Dundas Square project. :rolleyes:

That sucks.

I think you need a milkshake with a shot. Helps wash down the burgers, regardless.

Back