News   Jul 15, 2024
 341     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The steel is almost at the top of the concrete elevator shaft.

looks impressive

Just took a stroll by it... looks like the first few floors will be 80-90% glass... very nice to see. It certainly looks imposing so far.

Here's a taste of some futuristic nostaglia, Metropolis with the old fashioned style streetcars.

Pics By neuroticjose on flickr:

Full photoset amongst many others:

www.flickr.com/photos/neuroticjose/page2/

234165716_85e18b561f_b.jpg

234164831_539069bc0a_b.jpg

The massing sure is imposing, just hope the cladding materials will be decent so the building won't be oppressing

234166370_6d3b5173e0_b.jpg

234167158_808b6fa52b_b.jpg

Love the streetwall effect

234167856_bf59c99534_b.jpg

Glass looks good

234170027_dfb58dfa86_b.jpg

Interesting to see how the livery (colour) of the streetcars somehow blend in with the building components of Metropolis (like the exposed steel structure). Were the colours in the photos altered on purpose?

That was exactly what I was thinking, the colours of the streetcar and Metroplois match almost exactly.

i was out walking today and had my first run-in with the victoria side of metropolis. i cannot believe the city allowed them to build that. the scale of metropolis has completely overwhelmed that stretch of the ryerson campus, and i fear it will be even worse once the cladding appears down that side

The massing sure is imposing, just hope the cladding materials will be decent so the building won't be oppressing

That all depends on the ad agencies.

Still another 80 or so feet to go yet on the west side of Victoria Street. Huge.

watch as they clad the east and north sides in the same precast as the business building.

i was out walking today and had my first run-in with the victoria side of metropolis. i cannot believe the city allowed them to build that. the scale of metropolis has completely overwhelmed that stretch of the ryerson campus, and i fear it will be even worse once the cladding appears down that side

Its not that bad. There will most likely be a new enterance for the Tim Hortons on that side, plus a new enterance for the bookstore. Its not overwhelming, especially when you see the buildings its being built beside. You have the Library building on one side and the old business building on the other. Both are taller than Metropolis so it doesnt really affect the rest of the campus.

From my planning class I can see the AMC theatres. The stepped floor is already down and you can see the enterance to every theatre. They look very small.

^ The Planning Studio on the fourth floor sounds like a great spot for a photo for anyone so inclined...

For those with camera in the neighbourhood just go up to the fourth floor of Jorgenson, walk into the planning studio and there is a classroom (usually empty) at the back with windows overlooking the Metropolis site.

Well I am in planning, but I wont have studios until next semester. I do have a class in 285 Victoria St. Though, and it gives a view of the inside of metropolis.

Back