News   May 08, 2024
 24     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 546     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 475     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
If you look at the rendering, you'll notice a big NEON Panasonic Sign atop the building. I'm assuming that sign will now be reserved for Toronto Life.

This is not the best view of the rendering, but I think you can see my idea.

TorontoLifeSquare.jpg

I would also think that the sign on the side that says 'Metropolis' will have the 'Toronto Life Square' logo on it as well.

Interestingly, there are no brackets on the actual building for such a sign.

I have a feeling, based upon the two backlits already installed (one of which was suppose to be a ticker), that there is going to be a lot less of the little details (lights, small signs, things on top) than the rendering.

On a side note, the little three story building behind the Torch, on Dundas, looks like its coming down. Will they start on a new structure or will it be an empty lot for years?

Interestingly, there are no brackets on the actual building for such a sign.

I have a feeling, based upon the two backlits already installed (one of which was suppose to be a ticker), that there is going to be a lot less of the little details (lights, small signs, things on top) than the rendering.

I hope you are wrong on that alklay.

On a side note, the little three story building behind the Torch, on Dundas, looks like its coming down. Will they start on a new structure or will it be an empty lot for years?

I went, I saw, I asked.

It is not coming down. There's interior demolition and remediation for preparations for an additional 6 floors - this is where Hakim is going.

There's a thread already for this building.

Edit: They said six more floors, but I think it is really six floors in total.

There are currently testing colours on the big screen. It is really trippy. If anyone with a camera is around the square this afternoon try and take a snap shot.

Well, I'm glad they went with backlit signs instead of the overlit ones shown in the rendering.
I was hoping that the little PenEquity & Provincial sign would be changed to the LED sign after they sold all the ads.

What I'm looking forward to the most, now that the big screen is up (I think it's done well), is the Toronto Life sign.

Toronto Life has a nice logo which can be translated well into a neon or individually contained interior lit letters:

head_logo.gif

I think we'll see the Toronto Life sign go where the Metropolis sign is. And the Panasonic sign will probably be either Panasonic or some other brand.

Holy shit........ they're testing the LED screen and even in broad daylight... from a block away it looks like an HD broadcast on acid... unbelievably bright and impactful.

I'll post a pic soon... but suffice to say I've never seen anything like it... no cheap out afterall. Blows the doors off the neighbouring screens.

Unfortunately it doesn't photograph well as a still shot... thousands of squares changing colour every second and jumping around the screen (for the test) but suffice to see it's spectacular... even in fun sun. Worth a look.

Moving too fast to capture a decent pic... just multiply this shot times 100 and add in a few thousand colours and you'll get the gist... live action will be gorgeous.

led.jpg

Back