News   Jul 15, 2024
 594     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 754     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
This guy should be saved from the west parking at Yorkdale. How did it even end up there? It would look great at Dundas Square, or any number of places in the city.

486433985_07c71fcbe3.jpg

taken by :http://www.flickr.com/photos/torontobroad/

I love the idea of a sculpture at Dundas Square - but, something suitably monumental.

Sayyyy a Jeff Koons Puppy:
jeffkoons3.jpg

You guys would love this work by Euan Macdonald (it's the top 25 feet of the CN Tower):
Euan%20Macdonald4large.jpg

The Toronto Sculpture Gallery has seen some amazing works through it's years.

YES... brilliant! Dundas Square aches for an art component or two, that never dawned on me until this thread. In retrospect that wacky Christmas tree ("holiday" tree, whatever) really added some excitement last winter. And a couple of more trees around the perimeter, just a bit more green.

I love the idea of a sculpture at Dundas Square - but, something suitably monumental.

You guys would love this work by Euan Macdonald (it's the top 25 feet of the CN Tower):
Euan%20Macdonald4large.jpg

Had no idea they chopped the top of the tower off... guess that means Burj Dubai is ahead of schedule.

I was in love with the idea and detail behind the Euan Macdonald piece, but I remember getting up close to it being a bit of a letdown, because the material and finish were woody and hollow. Verisimilitude and illusion are key to an installation like this, and it kind of lost it in the home stretch.

I'd take the puppy anyday, though.

So, last month, they put up the Superbad billboard. This month, they finished the screen.

Wow, that's once a month. So by the time they fill up the wall, it should be 2009! That's FAAAAAST!

I've a strong sense that things will move pretty fast now. Summer events are over so night time street closures are less invasive so signage should move swifter. With the Christmas buying season beginning less than two months away they'll be plugging away to get retail tenants up and running.

I believe the statue in Times Square is George M. Cohen, who most people probably don't even know. Yet, when you learn of the history of it, it makes a lot of sense and adds a layer of interest to the place.

I've said it before but I like the idea of a few statues around the Yonge/Dundas area. Maybe one of Superman (a Toronto creation) or Mary Pickford (one of the first truly international superstars)...or what about Fay Ray (spelling?) sitting in the palm of King Kong. Hey, its' Yonge/Dundas and shouldn't be too serious!

Back