News   Jul 15, 2024
 683     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 863     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Torch is supposed to announce 5 tenants this month. We are all waiting in anticipation of who they are - hopefully some new brand names to spruce up the area.

I noticed Torch had a sign on the building giving notice to five tenants. I wonder why they are waiting to announce it?

It looks like Future shop (at Toronto Life Square) will be the first store to open. The inside is nearly complete - just ad stuff to buY!

I fear it would look more like the strip in Niagara Falls. Celebrity statues are tacky as hell. Next thing you know, Metropolis' tenants will consist of Ripley's Believe It or Not, eight wax museums, and a haunted house.

What's wrong with Ripley's? Tacky as it is, I think it's a tourist trap that everybody enjoys. Just give it a large unit somewhere in the building that has no frontage on the sidewalk, and it will be fine.

There used to be a Ripley's in the Peak Tower in Hong Kong. It was buried in the basement of the building, and aside from signage there was no way you can tell from the outside of the Tower that there is a Ripley's inside.

Torch is supposed to announce 5 tenants this month. We are all waiting in anticipation of who they are - hopefully some new brand names to spruce up the area.

I noticed Torch had a sign on the building giving notice to five tenants. I wonder why they are waiting to announce it?

It looks like Future shop (at Toronto Life Square) will be the first store to open. The inside is nearly complete - just ad stuff to buY!

There's a coffee shop open at the base right by Dundas. I don't remember it or know how long it has been open for.

What's wrong with Ripley's? Tacky as it is, I think it's a tourist trap that everybody enjoys. Just give it a large unit somewhere in the building that has no frontage on the sidewalk, and it will be fine.

There used to be a Ripley's in the Peak Tower in Hong Kong. It was buried in the basement of the building, and aside from signage there was no way you can tell from the outside of the Tower that there is a Ripley's inside.

I was at the Peak Tower last week (pictures will be posted soon) and I believe that the Ripley's is still there, although I'm not sure where it is located in the building. I never went into the museum but there was a large line of people willing to by-pass the line for the tram and buy a ticket that got you into the tram up to Victoria peak and also into Ripley's.

Despite this, I agree with posters who do not wish Torch to be filled with these types of tenants. I'd rather something with more of an urban feel to it but is also interactive. Speaking of Hong Kong, they had this really fun Planning and Infrastructure museum. It outlined the city's growth, infrastructure and development history, as well as the challanges and successes it has faced. I loved it for its Sim-City like games, videos and exhibits on their growth plans and revitalization/rehabilitation iniatives (although it was probably meant for young students). The museum showed a lot of pride for the city's urban development and ability to plan through major infrastructure projects (like the airport, massive bridges system, the metro and sewage treatment). Something like that would be awesome in the Torch. Sadly, it would only showcase Toronto's affinity for concrete slabs and inability to properly plan anything. On the plus, it would be a great place to store the countless consulting reports and TTC plans that have never been acted on.

There were a bunch of guys working on the big screen last night around 9 PM.
i was walking into the subway station when there were 3 guys installing another one of those small screens.

Screen looks finished. Note the new replacement ad as well.

Metrosign1.jpg

From the photo it looks like they've got 4 more small screens to instal on the right hand side (to fill in the gap between the pixelboard and the billboard)

There's a coffee shop open at the base right by Dundas. I don't remember it or know how long it has been open for.

Thats Tim Hortons. Its a part of Ryerson, not Toronto Life Square. Its been there for years. TLS was built above it.

Thats Tim Hortons. Its a part of Ryerson, not Toronto Life Square. Its been there for years. TLS was built above it.

I wasn't talking about Timmies, I've wasted a lot of time waiting in the lineup that is always there. I was referring to the base of Torch, I was lazy and didn't edit the quote.

They should have spaced those small screens better. The first row on the right has a gap between the ones to the immediate left above and below the large screen.
Also they should have painted the bars holding the screen the same colour as the building to blend in better.

Back