News   Jul 15, 2024
 2     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 311     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 531     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

this is turning into one of the best blocks in the whole city... I hate winter though, look forward to seeing this project fully clad and open for business in the spring!

December 12 2007

2106514950_87713f6d62_b.jpg

As seen from Yonge and Bloor, Not sure wether its topped out, but the renderings make it look like it will be taller.. anyone?

Very interesting angle. The Met really does look good on all sides. (Encore's a little to "blobby" for my tastes).

Also interesting to see Pure Spirit rising from this perspective too!

These are two of the best condos in Toronto. I love how both sweep together on the south side - rather dramatic and evocative. I do wish MET was a little taller though. They could keep the base but extend a slenderer volume out of the top of it. Nothing excessive, just another 50m or so, bringing it to about the same height as 1KW.

i wonder if anyone knows if the elevators are good in the Met 1

The elevators in The Met are high-speed, which is good. There are only 3 of them. Only 1 of the 3 goes to the parking levels, the other 2 only go to the lobby. In the lobby there is a 4th elevator which only goes to the parking levels. So... most of the time you need to switch elevators to get to the parking level, but so far it hasn't been a major issue.

I love these buildings. There I said it.

I see it everyday from my home office and no matter what it is like outside, these beauties (especially the Met) reflect greatly. During sunrise/sunset, the blue windows turn a great shade of orangy pink that look awesome.

And yesterday, during the blizzard (and following it) the building looked so refined partially covered in snow highlighting the elegant horizontal lines at each floor. Damn it looked good.

Keep an eye on MLS, I've seen a couple of units for sale there

Back