News   Apr 24, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 385     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 738     1 

The Junction

I assume they have a lease that hasn't expired yet. I can't see any other reason why they would still be around. It is 100% a front business for someone.

Seriously, the sketch factor of the patrons in there is off the charts. I always felt uncomfortable.

Seriously, the sketch factor of the patrons in there is off the charts. I always felt uncomfortable.

Sounds like it caters to the low income individuals who live in the area. I'd never feel comfortable going to a place like Amnesia, Mounties, Annie's or Celt's Pub , but the people who drink and socialize at these places wouldn't be very welcome at Indie Ale House, the Hole in the Wall, or the other higher-end and hipster drinking establishments that have moved into the Junction.

Celt's Pub got a yellow card last week on DineSafe. No surprise there. I admit I did like their fried dumplings however, but I'm not going back.

In other news, I can confirm that A&W is indeed opening in the prominent corner unit of the beautifully renovated heritage building at Keele and Dundas. Rather unfortunate.

This area is a good compliment to High Park. It's not the prettiest or the nicest area but it's a nice to have for any city.

It's a great area because it's filled with historic old buildings that are being restored, it's pedestrian friendly, and it has street after street of well-maintained homes with lush yards and mature trees. Dundas in the Junction is a more vibrant street than Bloor in the High Park area.

Residents oppose plans to build meat packing plant in vacant lot near the Junction

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ng-plant-in-vacant-lot-near-the-junction.html

Surely there will be a significant amount of truck traffic associated with a plant like this, but that isn't mentioned in the piece. Neither Rockcliffe Blyd. (with the school) nor Alliance is a great access route.

Doesn't St. Helen's currently have a plant near The Stockyards mall. Are they moving that, or are these 100 new jobs I wonder....

The sketchiest bar in the Junction, Celt's Pub, has finally closed! I wonder what will replace it?

Meanwhile, the awesome game-geek bar See Scape has reopened at a bigger location in the former Magic Oven spot on Keele just south of Dundas.

Also, the lame, dated diner Concourse at the south east corner of Keele and Dundas is now Chica Nashville hot chicken.

Back