News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

TCHC: 501 Adelaide E / 288 King E (14s, aA)

Y'know, we aren't housing cattle in stalls here.

One person in a two bedroom is "housing cattle". Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Where did you get that particular case from?

I know him

where are the TCHC townhomes on Mutual north of Carlton? I frequent the area and I haven't been able to identify any significant and existing blocks of housing owned by the TCHC there.

Wow, really? there are a number of TCHC buildings there, almost 20 years old. The address of the building in question is 95 Wood street, south west corner of Wood and mutual.

There's a 'For Rent' sign on the King side.

^ yes, fair enough. It would've be 'my' dream scenario as I wouldn't mind renting at this location or in one of the TCHC buildings close to the Esplanade

I'll try to remember to get the tel# to post on my way home or tomorrow coming in. I'm sure they'll be happy to get some applications -- that's a BIG building to fill (and, yes, I know there's a long waiting list, but don't they want to mix up the renters?)

One person in a two bedroom is "housing cattle". Whatever you say.

LOL, That's not what I said at all. It borders on classism that an economically disadvantaged person can't have more than one bedroom. It's no different than the guy complaining this location and finishes are too good for the poor. The fact that there maybe a short supply of units is just an excuse. The waiting list's length is partly due to that anyone need just apply as many of the less than stellar buildings have frequent vacancies.

It borders on classism that an economically disadvantaged person can't have more than one bedroom.

OK then, I'm economically disadvantaged, I can't afford a 12 bedroom rosedale home for myself, the city should subsidise me.

It's no different than the guy complaining this location and finishes are too good for the poor.

It's extremely different, if you had understood my point, you wouldn't be making such statements.
There a waiting list for subsidised housing, yet single people are occupying two bedroom apartments...and you don't see this as wastefull in any way?

The fact that there maybe a short supply of units is just an excuse.

Right...:rolleyes:

And, again, what is wrong with one person occupying a two bedroom unit providing he pays his rent? Y'know, we aren't housing cattle in stalls here.

Is TCHC the same as co-op housing?

An acquaintance lives at a co-op around Church/Dundas and he pays $1100 market rent for a large 2 bedroom / 1 bath unit (at least 800 SF).

He originally had a roomate, but now is living there alone.

cdr108:

No - there can (and often are) waitlists for co-op housing, which are mostly private, non-profit, some with subsidized elements - and the tenants run the board. TCHC is a municipal body that operates and provides both market rent and subsidized housing. Just because someone is living in a TCHC building DOES NOT by default mean that their rent is subsidized.

AoD

Last edited:
cdr108:

No - there can (and often are) waitlists for co-op housing, which are mostly private, non-profit, some with subsidized elements - and the renters run the board. TCHC is a municipal body that operates and provides both market rent and subsidized housing. Just because someone is living in a TCHC building DOES NOT by default mean that their rent is subsidized.

AoD

Thanks AoD

Just because someone is living in a TCHC building DOES NOT by default mean that their rent is subsidized.

...unless they're in a two bedroom two story townhouse, a block from Yonge and Carlton...working 20 hours a week as a store clerk.

Now you're guessing. Besides, if he only worked 20 hrs a week - he would be hard pressed to even pay for the gas and auto insurance.

AoD

Now you're guessing

No, you've been guessing all along...you can't even find the TCHC buildings or the one currently under construction in that area.

His car is insured in a small eastern ontario town....lower rates that way, despite being fraudulent.

You clearly don't want to accept this case, and will do anything to deny it...why? what stake do you have in this?

AGTO:

I might not be able to ID 95 Wood, but I can certainly ID 88-90 Carlton - which is still under construction. That said, you still haven't answered definitively whether the individual in question is RGI or not - and that's the point.

You clearly don't want to accept this case, and will do anything to deny it...why? what stake do you have in this?

Actually I couldn't give much of a damn since I am really not interested in oddball cases here and there so long as the overall system is fair and equitable - but I do recall you seem to be the one all worked up over it and transpose that as the norm in the system. Filed a complaint, perhaps? Or talked to the individual in question as to how your taxdollars shouldn't be supporting him and his 2 bedroom unit? This is fraud, afterall...if you are going to hum and ha over it, then shouldn't you be the one doing the right thing and report your acquaintance to the proper authorities, not for one, but potentially two infractions?

AoD

Last edited:
Actually I couldn't give much of a damn since I am really not interested in oddball cases here and there

That's strange, you have a large number of posts regarding this....yet you 'don't give a damn'....sorry, but I don't believe you. You got your blood in a bubble over this, I didn't ask you to respond to anything.

That said, you still haven't answered definitively whether the individual in question is RGI or not.

Obviously, he only works 20 hours a week.

but I do recall you seem to be the one all worked up over it.

When confronted, deflect.
Alvin, it's you who are "all worked up", calm down, it's just the internet.

I might not be able to ID 95 Wood, but I can certainly ID 88-90 Carlton.

Strange.

AGTO:

That's strange, you have a large number of posts regarding this....yet you 'don't give a damn'....sorry, but I don't believe you. You got your blood in a bubble over this, I didn't ask you to respond to anything.

I don't give a damn about one or two cases - but I do take issue of those who take one extreme case and inflating the situation as if the entire system is abused and use this errorenous conclusion to justify their own agendas. And nice piece there, quoting others in mid-sentence - I think we can all agree that they system shouldn't be abused.

Obviously, he only works 20 hours a week.

You have no independent confirmation of that. Did he tell you? No. Did you have access to his finances? No. That's guessing.

AoD

Last edited:
but I do take issue of those who take one extreme case and inflating the situation

Where have i inflated the situation...that you know nothing about?

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth, if you can't come up with a logical arguement, don't post, take a break. Posting while you're angry doesn't work.

You have no independent confirmation of that. Did he tell you?

Yes...he's a friend of mine.

Yes...where do you get off answering for me...when you don't have a clue?

Did you have access to his finances?

yes, I do.

That's guessing.

LOL...your posts on this matter have all been guesses....bad ones.

Don't attempt to speak for me, you're woefully uninformed.

Back