News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 408     0 

TCHC: 501 Adelaide E / 288 King E (14s, aA)

These units are open to everyone and the subsidy is based on your income. You will pay set market rates if you earn enough.

Is this true of TCHC units? You can stay in them indefinitely even if earning six figures, so long as you pay the rent?

I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing, but it does explain the wait lists.

The wait lists are for the RGI units (rent geared to income). I don't believe there is a waiting list for the market rate units, since they show the availability of these on the TCHC website.

Massive tree planters on the King side. Can barely pass someone with a stroller. Yet no trees on the Adelaide side. Not sure what they were thinking.

The wait lists are for the RGI units (rent geared to income). I don't believe there is a waiting list for the market rate units, since they show the availability of these on the TCHC website.

For some of the better buildings you can wait up to a year, to get into a market rent apartment. Some buildings are much harder to get into than others. I also know a couple who together, are making over 100,000 dollars a year and sharing a 3 bedroom apartment on The Esplanade. (ex-boyfriends lol) It's actually a really nice 2 level apartment, with a big solarium and as far as I know, they have no intention of moving.

7 November 2009 photo update

Locals, any photo updates would be appreciated. I never realized how close BJL's K East is gonna be to the edge of King e.

dsc00726m.jpg

"demo" isn't the best choice of wording. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this PoMo complex and at grade parking. Fortunately, the ground floor retail is a nice upgrade from the newspaper operations. Maybe Staples can shift over and let Lamb redevelop that property.

Contractors have been working late on the interior of the King St. street level.

Paper is covering the windows. But peeking into the small cracks, there appears to be a multi-level, white open space with a large stairway. There is also custom cubed shelving throughout.

Anyone have any idea what's going in there? Furniture store seems like the obvious choice. But the space is huge.

Either way, it's getting close.

I really like the cool design of the retail space in this building. (288 King St. East)
[video=youtube;ep3HWG8ccTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3HWG8ccTU[/video]

Is this true of TCHC units? You can stay in them indefinitely even if earning six figures, so long as you pay the rent?

I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing, but it does explain the wait lists.

This provides 3 benefits to the city...
*Having mixed-income buildings help prevents the stigmatization and "ghettoization" found in "the projects" (think Regent Park), and the problems associate with that.
*Having a percentage of the units at market rent helps offset the city's cost of subsidizing the RGTI units, saving taxpayers money.
*The building is more likely to be of higher aesthetic quality, to attract the market renters, which enhances the public realm.

So its a very nice building but it gives a chilling impression. looks very cold. And side note:Lol really, why do people gotta put dumb things like that in their windows.

Back